We have a roughly 20 year old glider rocker made by Best Chairs, Inc. of Ferdinand, IN. The chair has been incredible. It has lasted through raising four girls and remains solid. quiet and impressively intact.

Now that we are shifting to more mid and high quality pieces, we need to address the upholstery. The chair has a loose seat pad placed on it, and a back pad which snaps onto the chair back. One of the snap straps has torn from the pad, but the rest of the support are actually in good shape. We are changing design from "what we could afford" to a traditional/country style. We just purchased a leather couch, and have been gradually migrating from a light blue theme to browns and tans.

My question is how do you source a reupholsterer who can update the cushion and backing to match a 20 year old chair? How do you know a mid to high quality upholsterer from a low quality one? And how to you select what to use for upholstery on the chair now that the design of our other furniture has changed? I know the base chair will last a long time, so I want to get the design and performance of the new upholstery to match the longevity of the chair itself.