Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Royal Pedic

Default Re: New Royal Pedic

I have my new Royal-Pedic from Keeping Room. The movers were not happy when it had to go up a flight of stairs, but they made it. I'm going to tell you all a secret - Dr. Collie sleeps on a really really hard bed. I'm glad I got the 3 inch topper, but if I had it to do over, I'd get the 5 inch. But then, I'm a side sleeper. I'm sure it will break in a bit and soften up after another week.

You know, my wife and I used to have a 3" topper for our Royal Pedic and we took it off as we liked the bed firm. Just goes to show how folks like different feels to their bedding! Movers never like the Royal Pedics, they're heavy. I eat my Wheaties before I rotate and flip my King Size mattress at my house. That weight means you have something substantial though, that won't be all used up in 7 years!

"DR" is actually the initials of my first and middle name...lol
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Oh, I know I'm sort of the princess and the pea. I was testing the mattress so long I almost fell asleep in the store. For flipping, I'm planning to hire the neighborhood teenagers :-)

hglaber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post

"DR" is actually the initials of my first and middle name...lol
    You know, at this point I think it might be easier for you to just go get your PhD in something than to get people to stop inferring that obvious, albeit erroneous, qualification.

I've been told by many that I'm a Dr. of B.S.....lol

I think you will come to really like your Royal Pedic. Its one of those things that you don't really appreciate it until you go on the road and sleep on another bed somewhere....then its obvious. We spent a week at the Marriott Vacation Club on Hilton Head Island a few years ago, and I told my wife that next time we go back there, we are taking my Tundra pickup truck and bringing the Royal Pedic in the back, because I'm not sleeping another week on that crappy Marriott bedding. I'll haul my own bed instead!
    Duane Collie

JayTW Guest

I would like to add my personal experience to this forum. I recently purchased a Royal Pedic mattress from The Keeping Room. I did my research in the forum and found Duane's input on mattresses to be very helpful and well informed. I decided to make the purchase and contacted Duane via email for a quote. I received a response very quickly and also received responses to additional questions I had via email quickly. I decided to go ahead and make the purchase, however I live in a remote area that is not easy to get to and the shipping was going to be very expensive. This was not a shock because of our remoteness and so I decided to go ahead and pay for the expensive shipping.

The following day I received an email from Duane saying that he was not pleased with what it was going to cost to ship my mattress to me and he had done some additional research that night to find an alternative shipper. He was able to find another option that was much cheaper saving me over $500.

I am blown away by his willingness to go the extra mile for me and from this point forward I will always talk to Duane first when making furniture/mattress purchases in the future.

marys1000 Guest

So the all cotton is labeled as most firm, and it looks like they recommend buy a plush top pad.
    The quilt top is the labeled as less firm and the pillow top as most plush (of the coil types, 1, 2, and 3 respectively)
    So are they talking about the coils or the toppings? I thought toppings were bad and tended to dent?
    This seems confusing to me.

Correct. in the Royal Pedic line the All Cotton basic bed is the firmest. I don't think everyone needs a topper - I'd say that about 40% of my customers buy them, but 60% do not. I do not have toppers on any beds in my home, and we have (4) Royal Pedics in the house. All R.P. beds are built around the same core, its just the surface treatment that varies. Quilted has some added softness and loft. Pillow Tops are nothing more than the All Cottons with toppers sewn on each side. Waste of money if you ask me, you don't ever need a topper on the bottom of the matt and it just makes it harder to flip and rotate the mattress. Toppers do not 'dent', at least not R.P's.
    Duane Collie

marys1000 Guest

In all of Ohio this is the only store that showed up in there dealer locator?

http://www.gattlescincinnati.com/bedding/

I can recommend in the highest terms that you order the bed from Duane. He will work with you and whatever you need and he will stand behind his product and delivery.

As to what to buy, it depends on whether you are a side or back sleeper. Only you know whether you need more padding on the bed. Think of mattresses you have enjoyed sleeping on. Are they really firm or a little padded? If you are a side sleeper, you'll need padding under your hip, so get a topper. If you are a back sleeper, try it without. If you decide later you need padding, then order a topper.

I will recommend that you put the furniture sliders under the frame before you get the mattress and box on the frame. You are buying quality and a mattress with extra coils. It's harder to move the bed around without some help under the frame.