Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Royal Pedic

BevoGal Guest

Default Re: New Royal Pedic

I'm unearthing this old thread because I can't believe two years have already flown by and I haven't replaced my mattress! We put that money into the sunroom, but I'm still saving some on the side for this (I need good sleep and I am not getting it at all).

One question - what about the toppers? Do you try the mattress on it's own first and then order a topper? Do you know of a place where I can try out a premium-line Royal Pedic and various toppers in Houston? Thanks, as always, Duane!

Unless you have personally tried one out with a topper, than its not a bad idea to try the basic unit first to see if its too firm for you. Most toppers can ship UPS so they can be added later on if you want more plushness. The basic units are firm, however...so you do have to like a firm bed.

No idea on dealers in Texas, but they should be on the Royal Pedic web site.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I have wondered if they make toppers with split softness, does anyone happen to know? My wife likes a soft to medium bed, while I like on the firmer side, but I don't want to just put a topper on one side and have a 3 or 4" height difference.

Judyg951 Guest

We followed Duane's advice and ordered our bed without a topper. It's fine, but we do want that extra plushness and plan on ordering one, however other things keep cropping up and we have not so far. Sometime int he first quarter of the year will will order it though.

BevoGal Guest

Yes, the toppers are so $$$ on their own, so I think it's good to wait! I'll look up the dealers. I really don't want to step into a furniture store...ugh...but I do need to try them in person.

You mentioned that the catalog places are selling a different kind of Royal Pedic. How do you make sure the one you try at the brick-and-mortar store is the premium one? I purchased my kids Naturepedic beds from New Living here in town, and they used to carry a Royal Pedic sample on the floor. I have a sneaking suspicion it was the catalog variety.

Looked up dealers and there are only 2 listed in Houston - places I have not been in before:
    Pilie Furniture
    3621 W. Alabama Street

Longoria Collection
    1101-02 Uptown Park Blvd.

Judyg951 Guest

We have n o Royal Pedic dealers near where we live and had to drive into L.A. to the factory store to see them.