Thread: Leather Furniture and what you can - and cannot expect

Threaded View

Default Re: Leather Furniture and what you can - and cannot expect

Duane,

My samples for Sonoma & Nubuck came in today & was very pleasantly surprised to also find a sample for the CC nail heads tucked into the envelope: thank you very much for adding that

My initial reactions:
    Nubuck is to die for!! Lol, I just want to keeping rubbing that little swatch, it's so deliciously smooth & soft. Nubuck Camel is right on the money as far as the desired color goes too.

The Sonoma swatches smell wonderful; like a leather jacket, or the inside of a new designer handbag. They're velvety soft too, but have a considerably more nubby texture to them than the Nubuck. Now I'm in a pickle: if I go with the Parisian, I'd ideally like it as close to the original as possible, & Chanel had her sofa upholstered in a very light camel/tan suede.

If you had to offer your expert opinion for doing an entire sofa in either of these hides: what is it?

Nubuck isn't nubby at all, despite its name. I feel like it'd be easier to "slide" in & out of than the Sonoma. But, the Sonoma's are authentic to the original. And, if my end goal in going with the Parisian is to own a sofa as close to the original Coco Chanel sofa as possible, in addition to having always loved her unique take on the classic roll arm, AND it'd be used by me alone as MY personal lounging/watching tv/chilling out on sofa(no kids & 2 very well behaved pets,) is it worth it to go for a less functional daily use hide for the sake of achieving authenticity, style, & comfort(I'm 5'9" btw?)

I like the Sonoma suedes, & have no doubt they'd feel amazing curling up on: luxuriously velvety soft, like a cashmere sweater; there's just a bit more friction from the nubby texture when running my hand over it.

Oh, I don't know if you saw this either in an updated quote, or as a reply to another post, but going off of H&M's site, I was unaware the CC nail head was silver/pewter toned. It looked brass in color to me, thus my choosing it.

It really only works with the Sonoma Fawn as that color has quite a bit of grey in it to really work with the CC. I'd actually prefer either the standard nail head trim photographed on the Parisian online, or that nail's equivalent in a more antiqued brass tone. Again, just going off the pics on H&M's site; it's very difficult to get any real sense of nail color & size. I'm thinking this must happen constantly: sending out thousands of nail samples that are instantly ruled out once they're seen in person, simply because many ppl's only source of reference is the website.

I understand it's an extremely expensive & time consuming undertaking for H&M to update their site into a more modern, interactive site. But, maybe even suggesting adding a "rendering tool" where prospective buyers could use a base frame to virtually try out different leathers, welts, gimps & nail head trims would be so helpful. AND, it wouldn't require them having to have a photo uploaded of every frame in every leather, etc.

Just use the City Sofa & allow the user to click on any leather or fabric & the picture would render what that choice would look like. Preferably with a detailed zoom in option too.

At the end of the day, I think it'd actually save them money for their bottom line, as well as minimize waste generated from sending out what must amount to thousands of samples that are instantly ruled out, then trashed.

Lol, just a thought I'd throw out there. Most of the big box stores have this feature on their websites & it's an immeasurable tool. These little CC nail heads could've been put to better use had I actually been able to see their true color & size on a frame online. Just using my particular experience with this 1 set of nails & multiply that across the board, everyday, with everyone else making the same assumptions/mistakes...etc, etc. Haha, you can see where I'm going with this.

Ok sorry for going off topic & rambling on. Anyone else agree this would be an amazing tool to have on H&M's website?? Speak up & throw your votes in now: we just may be able to persuade Duane to run it by Jimmy Moore

Once again, thank you so much for getting these swatches out to me so quickly. I can't imagine how little you must sleep between running this great forum & the store?!

Grateful as always,
    Andrea
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-05-2016 at 02:20 AM.