Thread: Recliner Advice

Eplato Guest

Default Recliner Advice

Duane, thank you so much for your useful and informative website! I made the mistake of purchase a chair without your help the first time. Now I'm going to try again and purchase through you. Here's the story - We had a huge fabric La-Z-Boy recliner that my husband loved until the frame started poking through the fabric after only three or four years. My husband hates to shop. I dragged him to our local store for a replacement, where he spent five minutes (if that) testing the few recliners they had in stock, and announced that he liked the H&M leather Addison Bustleback recliner. I ordered one and it was delivered two days ago. Lo and behold, my husband hates it. He decided it is too short for him when it is reclined (he's 6'1"), and he doesn't like leather. I suspect he would prefer a larger recliner, and maybe a wall hugger (we have to move this one far forward of the wall to allow it to recline properly, which looks odd in our narrow den). Any suggestions for a larger recliner that is available in fabric? I'd be interested in B-Y or H&M. A dual seater (loveseat size) would work in the room as well. I glanced at a photo of the B-Y 912 that you like, but it looks as though its standard configuration is a three seater. I don't want anything hugely expensive, since we have a house full of pets, and I'm not sure how it will hold up to them.

Finally, is the store open on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend? I live in NY, but will be in Alexandria for Thanksgiving.

Thanks! PS - the Addison Bustleback fits me perfectly (I'm 5"2'). I'm going to enjoy my new recliner.

Default Re: Recliner Advice

I think he would like either the Sadler # 1044 from H&M or the Alta from Brad Young (they simply cloned the design of the Sadler from H&M). For most 6' 1" men, they are perfect. He probably won't like any of the wall huggers because they tend to be shorter in length overall to accommodate the mechanisms used and quite frankly I like a standard recliner better because they operate smoother.

You can get fabric in any recliner, but remember they wear out much quicker than stationary pieces from movement and friction, especially on the welt trims and footrest.

912 series BY comes in a loveseat measuring 64" total length.

Yes, I will be here in the store after Thanksgiving!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.