Thread: Square Cushions?

mom4twinz Guest

Default Square Cushions?

My husband and I have been shopping for a new leather sofa and love seat or possibly a sectional. We LOVE the hand and comfort of H&M, but sadly its not in the budget. We're willing to sacrifice the Lexus for the Pontiac. The nearest B-Y dealer is about 150 miles and the B-Y website leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Can you tell me if any of the B-Y sectionals or sofa/love seats have square cushions? We like the look of the Vanderbilt and Arlington. My husband and I both have rather short legs and find the square cushions to be more comfortable. Also, if we find something we like with Nail Head, can that be left off or must we live with it? Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'square' cushions? Are you referring to what we call a 'box' cushion in the trade? A box cushion typically has to horizontal surface areas separated by 3" to 4" of vertical casement, with a cushion core in the middle. This is an example of a box cushion sectional:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...?productid=866

All nail trim can be deleted from any maker. Some companies charge for the delete, some do not. Sometimes it depends on the particular piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mom4twinz Guest

Red face

[QUOTE=drcollie;1695]I'm not sure what you mean by 'square' cushions? Are you referring to what we call a 'box' cushion in the trade? A box cushion typically has to horizontal surface areas separated by 3" to 4" of vertical casement, with a cushion core in the middle. This is an example of a box cushion sectional:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...?productid=866

Thank you for your reply, Duane.

I guess I don't have the furniture lingo to better explain myself! Are there any B-Y couches/sectionals where the cushions measure "squarish" from the base of the seat back to the front of the cushion? The Savant sectional you linked "looks" like the cushions are more squared than oblong. Some couches have cushions where the overall cushion depth makes them more rectangular than square.

I really hope you understand my question better this time! I appreciate you taking the time to help.

So you're looking for cushions more like diagram A?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cushions.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	170  

OK, I understand your question now. There is really no way to tell other than having that piece in front of you and measuring. I think a more useful dimension to you in shopping is to check interior seat depths. You may find you tend to like pieces that come in around 20" to 21" in interior seat depth, vs deeper units that may be 22" to 23". Brad-Young tends to have deep sectionals and sofas, H&M less so. Also keep in mind the overall seat height. A unit that is 19.5" high is going to be more comfortable to those with shorter legs than one that is 21".

The BY Arlington that you mentioned has a 21" Seat Height and a Interior Seat Depth of 22", for example.

Here's a sofa that might be just what you're looking for. In the Town and Country collection, in the lead leather, its under $ 2K. City Sofa # 9840. 20" Seat Height, 21" Seat Depth.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1024
    Duane Collie

mom4twinz Guest

Duane,

Thank you so much!

I HAVE sat in the City Sofa and it was very, very comfortable. I never dreamed I could afford a H&M sofa, but with your pricing ... I may! I have to tell you your pricing is UNBELIEVABLE compared to my local H&M dealer. I just called to get their T&C pricing. I was quoted $3147.90 for the 9840! Could you please tell me your shipping rates to California (95938)?

Thank you for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by mom4twinz View Post
    Duane,

Thank you so much!

I HAVE sat in the City Sofa and it was very, very comfortable. I never dreamed I could afford a H&M sofa, but with your pricing ... I may! I have to tell you your pricing is UNBELIEVABLE compared to my local H&M dealer. I just called to get their T&C pricing. I was quoted $3147.90 for the 9840! Could you please tell me your shipping rates to California (95938)?

I am jealous! I sat in the city this past weekend, found it very comfortable and styled to my tastes. Too bad I don't have a need for a new sofa and not everyone in my household is fond of leather. I agree Duane has great pricing when it comes to his H&M stuff, if you can save over a thousand by going with him well that's enough to buy another piece
    Last edited by Briant73; 02-27-2009 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mom4twinz View Post
    Duane,

Thank you so much!

About $ 315 +/- to get a Sofa to you in California via Home Delivery Service. And no sales tax collected. (you're at something like 9.5% in California?) You can buy that 9840 City sofa in Cavalier Henna, then you're good for right around $ 2,300 landed in your house. Sounds like your California dealer is a tad on the high side....
    Duane Collie

mom4twinz Guest

Duane,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am sending you an email with a few more questions.