Hi,

I was looking up furniture maker rankings when I stumbled upon this site and found it to be quite informative. I'm 5ft 7in, 170lbs, 35 yrs old, and have chronic upper back, shoulder, neck pain from working at a lab bench. I just bought my first house, no kids, no pets, I live alone and will probably have a renter.

I want something that's supportive, comfortable, and will last quite some time. My main issue with most sofas are that the backs are too low and give no head and neck support, also a lot of couches are too deep for me so I can't sit properly and end up slouching a lot. Reclining sofas are really the only ones i've found comfortable for my back....but, they don't last as long, I've had a flexsteel from my parents that is over 20 years old and I have used the reclining feature like 3 times in my life, they aren't warrantied as well as stationary, and it's more expensive.

Also I am looking to get fabric instead of leather. I like leather but if I can't get good leather that will last, I'd rather have fabric instead of shoddy leather. I get the impression that it's easier to screw up leather so if you can't get the good stuff it'd be more economical to get fabric.

I'm looking to spend in the 3k range. And I tend to be very easy on my belongings....flexsteel sectional 20+ years, I've had a kmart 80 dollar dining table for over 13 years, I had a 13 inch tv that I remember playing atari 2600 on and it still works, the drawers and bookshelf I currently use in my room....I can't remember a time I didn't have them, honestly I was in grade school when my parents bought that stuff, and it's all mdf and glue.

So basically in a nutshell:
ergonomics is very important to me
need a higher back (good neck, shoulder support)
need a straighter back
need a shorter depth
would prefer stationary but will pay for the recliner if it's all that I find comfy
around 3k price point
would prefer fabric if I can't get quality leather that will last, at this price

First time furniture shopping, so some ideas of brands and models to check out would be really helpful. I would only purchase if I get a chance to try the chair. I live in philly pa.

Sorry for long post,
thanks
Will