HI,
I've been shopping around a fair amount for a recliner and I was initially settled on BY, however in everyone of the BY recliners I sat in, the ottoman failed to support my legs in the "TV recline" position. I could sit in the chair with the ottoman up, but if I moved or applied the slightest downward pressure with my legs, the ottoman would simply fold back down. This is making me re-think my desire for BY (or any Ultra-Mek mechanism). This was not the case with H&M recliners I sat in - these recliners provided plenty leg support and the ottoman was locked firmly in place unless I applied a fair amount of downward force. I know the mechanism between the two brands are different Ultra-Mek for BY and L&P for H&M, which would explain things, so my questions are:
1) Is this common for the BY w/ the Ultra-Mek mechanism?
The salesman mentioned that the BY chairs I was sitting in were not balanced to my weight (6'3" 165lbs), so
2) Is there a way to adjust the Ultra-Mek to provide more resistance to the ottoman?
3) I did look under the chair and saw no obvious adjustment (no wing nuts, etc), so assuming no adjustment is available, what about swapping out the springs for springs that have a bit more resistance.

thanks for your input!