Thread: Would the BY 912 Reid be a good choice for my space?

lpj88 Guest

Default Would the BY 912 Reid be a good choice for my space?

Hello all,

We just purchased a home, and would like to upgrade from our cheap/older sofas to a higher quality product. We haven't had a chance to set our room up much, but we are moving in that direction.

We are looking at the BY 912-90 and 912-70 in a darker brown leather. These pieces will go into my living room which is 20' x 13.6. I am not very good at decorating or arranging space, so we are open to suggestions.

We are debating what to do with the angles in the room, and how to set up the sofas. Any suggestions for how we should set up this space? Also, would the BY 912 look ok as a floating sofa? If not, what other comfortable/lounging sofas might work? I hope these pictures are ok to upload.

Room Template by jamesp880, on Flickr

3Z3A7166 by jamesp880, on Flickr

3Z3A7164 by jamesp880, on Flickr

3Z3A7162 by jamesp880, on Flickr
    Last edited by lpj88; 11-06-2013 at 12:06 AM.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Default Re: Would the BY 912 Reid be a good choice for my space?

To all potential home owners of the popular OPEN CONCEPT design, beware! Not only furnishing , traffic pattern presents a hugh problem but any real cooking in the kitchen will spread the air and all it contains into the living room , into the furniture,walls and drapery. No over the range exhaust system can prevent this. As I have heard the expression, BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

You can to that but with a couple of caveats and here's a suggestion or two..

912 series BY are recliners only - that means no coffee table can be used as it will interfere with the recliners on the pieces.

The Loveseat unit really doesn't need to be a 912 series as its 90 degrees to the TV. Instead of that piece, I'd rather see a pair of swivel chairs opposite one another flanking the sofa. One to go in the niche corner between the sliding glass door and the TV, and the other to go halfway between the tv and the sofa. A pair of these would look nice with the 912 series..

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2194
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

lpj88 Guest

You are right! we don't really need recliners for the loveseat unit. We really don't even "need" a recliner for the coach, I think an ottoman would do just fine. However, the Reid seems to be a great deal for the money.

I hadn't really thought of chairs for that space, but that's an idea to consider.
    I am not familiar with swivel chairs. Do they swivel easily? How sturdy is the mechanism?
    Last edited by lpj88; 11-06-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Swivel chairs are very robust and glide on ball bearings with mechanisms made by Leggett and Platt.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.