Thread: H&M Sofa Purchase and Delivery Review

Default H&M Sofa Purchase and Delivery Review

Hi

So I received my new H&M sofa today. I purchased from a retailer in NC, with delivery by Home Delivery Service HDS. I ordered on July 6th, and H&M delivered the sofa to the furniture company on Oct. 2nd. So about a 12 week turnaround. I was very pleased with the delivery actually -- though it sat at their warehouse 2 weeks longer than the initially promised 3 weeks. The sofa was delivered in crate, and the lead guy knew all about taking it out of the crate (his partner, not so much). Additionally, they had the special blankets for wrapping my front door frame, and were very attentive to not dinging the sofa or my house. The sofa is the H&M Carmen in burnished tan cameo. I paid $5561 for the sofa, which I suppose strictly speaking has a MSRP of slightly above 10k as configured. I can't judge the quality of the price -- it is very high, but the sofa is very nice. I think it is a pretty competitive price, but others would be a better judge. Delivery was $226 from Hickory, NC to Knoxville, TN. But since I was happy with the delivery men, I tipped an additional $40. As an interesting aside, the crate is made of pine, and the 1x4 that runs the length of the sofa was splitting. I don't imagine the crate had a lot of miles left in it, but it did make it to my house, so that was far enough. I've attached pics of the sofa -- the rest of the room (other than the rug) is still a work in progress.

Default Re: H&M Sofa Purchase and Delivery Review

Oh yeah, and you can see my homemade cat stand there that keeps the cat off my furniture (and acts as an ugly drink holder for me). It isn't ideal, but putting the cat down is still a few years away I think.

That is one gorgeous sofa! I think if it were my cat, it would suddenly find itself banished from the room.

bubbaonline Guest

It's gorgeous..

Would you say the first picture is indicative of the actual color, or the other ones?

Yes, definitely. If you are extra discerning the right side of the picture (closer) is more color accurate. The other pictures are intended to show details.

bubbaonline Guest

It's very nice... That backside is a great look for a sofa that floats out in the open...

vbnet Guest

Thank you for posting these pictures. Your sofa makes such a statement! I love it!

strofferazo Guest

That is a gorgeous sofa, and I love the stitching as well as the detail on the back. Love the color, also. What cushions do you have in it?