Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't wait!

dr56 Guest

Default Sarah....did you receive your chair yet?

Hi Sarah,

Just thinking your chair should have arrived or is close to arriving.....any word yet? Share pics if you can as we would love to see it!

Sarah Guest

Nope - it's getting really close but is not here yet. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives!

Won't be too long, Sarah. H&M handed your Springfield Lounger over to Home Delivery on 4/13 so they already have that for you. Your custom sideboard is done in Ohio, but HDS has not yet picked it up, hopefully they can get it soon!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Default Sarah...your chair?

do tell, Sarah. Has your chair arrived? Happy? Pics? Fill us in when you can. I am sitting comfortably in my new H&M Recliner with my laptop on my lap....loving my chair. I have to fight with my two girls over sitting in it...LOL!

Sarah Guest

Well . . . I made this order a bit more complicated by adding in a custom tiger maple sideboard. To save on shipping, I requested that they be shipped together.
    We were waiting for a while on the sideboard but it is now in the hands of the delivery people so my H&M recliner PLUS new sideboard should arrive soon. I will definitely post pics as soon as they arrive - I'm getting so very excited!

Sarah Guest

Home Delivery Service (HDS) just gave me a call & delivery is scheduled for next Friday! WOO HOO!!!

Excellent, Sarah! Will you post a photo of the custom sideboard we made for you? I can never get my woodworkers to take pictures - they think cameras are 'too modern'. I'd like to see John Buchanan's work on that piece in detail.

Thanks much!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Excellent, Sarah! Will you post a photo of the custom sideboard we made for you? I can never get my woodworkers to take pictures - they think cameras are 'too modern'. I'd like to see John Buchanan's work on that piece in detail.

Thanks much!
    Hi Duane. Of course I'll submit some pics - I'm a professional photographer so I tend to take pictures of everything!

Martha2 Guest

Sarah
    Your room is lovely. Would you mind sharing what brand of sofa you have, and the manufacturer of your entertainment wall unit? Are you pleased with them? Also, do you have recommendations for rug sources? I am in the market for a lot of pieces! Thanks.

Sarah Guest

Hi Martha.

The sofa & chair-and-a-half are both Massoud pieces. Here in Texas, Massoud is relatively easy to find since they are a Dallas-based company. Massoud makes all of their furniture in the Dallas, TX warehouse with the exception of a few of their highly carved decorative pieces. We are pleased w/ how our Massoud furniture has held up over the past 3 years of use in our active household. The tailoring on the pieces is excellent. Unfortunately, Massoud can sometimes be hard to find in other parts of the nation.

Comparing my Massoud with other manufacturers, I would say that it is similar (quality-wise) w/ the Drexel Heritage upholstered pieces I have owned. Massoud may not be the "absolute best" (I'll save that for E.J. Vicktor & the like) but it is good quality stuff & reasonably priced.

The entertainment unit was built by a local cabinet maker to fit the dimensions of that space.

The rug was a purchase from Overstock.com it is a hand-tufted wool (unfortunately not hand-knotted) and I feel like the quality is good for the price.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Sarah