Thread: Question on H&M floor models?

foxwoodfarm Guest

Default Question on H&M floor models?

Hi Duane,

I started to send this as a PM, but thought others might be interested. I would really like to try out several frames before buying. I know that you can only display so many pieces, but I'm pretty sure you will have more items than I have found anywhere close to me. Can you tell me if you have any of these frames on your floor? Sundance, Journey, Austin High Back. I plan to buy a stationary sofa, but for test-sit purposes, I would be happy to see sofa, loveseat, sectional or even chair in any of these.

I also would like to see the leathers I'm considering made up into some sort of furniture - doesn't really matter what style. Do you have any blue leathers on anything? I am most interested in Weston Navy, Equestrian Navy, Tiburon Navy and yes - Capri Navy. I will go a step further to say that I would like to see and feel ANY color in those 4 types on ANY sort of furniture piece.

If you have at least a few things on my list, I will plan a visit soon. I will PM you for a price quote on a couple of specifics.

Thanks
    Nancy

hglaber Guest

Default Re: Question on H&M floor models?

Unless he's had a run on them, I'd be surprised if he has no Austins on the floor. I suspect he probably has a chair and/or sofa at least. Earlier this year he had a high back tilt back in Capri Butternut, which must have been amazing. If he still has it and you don't want to spend Grade 4 money, tell him to throw a blanket over it before you arrive and give it a wide berth.

I'd also bet he probably has no blue on the floor. Blue is a niche color - it looks great, but is not high volume or considered neutral so it's harder to find a walk-in buyer. But what he WILL have are full-size dealer samples you can look at/touch/feel/smell. They'll give you a much better idea of what the leathers are like than the little consumer swatches.

foxwoodfarm Guest

Thanks hglaber - the Austin is the only thing I have found locally to sit in! But no version in the High Back. I was pretty sure he would have something! Glad to know I was not wrong! Thanks for the tip to stay away from the Austin/Capri combo to save my bank account!

Unfortunately, for me, I AM the niche for the blue leathers! I didn't expect to find a sofa or anything large. Just hoping he might have a side chair - or even a bootstool....

Of course, I really want to pick his brain! Thanks for the input. Can't wait to go visit the store.
    Nancy

I have about (40) H&M pieces on the floor right now, including an Austin High Back Sofa in Cavalier Oxblood and a Sundance Sofa in Portfolio Claret. No blue on the floor - sorry, it sits too long. 85% of all leather sales are a shade/variant of brown or tan. I do have Weston, Tiburon and Capri on the floor in non-blue colors. The Austin High Back Tilt chair and ottoman in Capri Butternut is sold, but won't deliver until next month.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

foxwoodfarm Guest

Thanks so much Duane. You have way more of my "wants" than the local store. I will be in touch to discuss a store visit.
    Thanks
    Nancy