Thread: Reclining Leather Sofa and Loveseat

Sarah Ewing Lynch Guest

Default Reclining Leather Sofa and Loveseat

Hi Mr. Collie,

I originally came across all your wonderful information from GardenWeb but have been very unsuccessful in my search for furniture. I like to be very thorough in my research but I can't seem to get any suggestions and that is why I am turning to you personally for help.

I am in the market to purchase a leather reclining sofa and loveseat. I have gathered from a lot of post that you really shouldn't invest much into reclining furniture because the mechanism wears out but in your opinion, if you had to choose a company which ones are better options. Many of the higher end makers don't make reclining sofa and loveseats. And sadly many makers don't have the quality that they used to. I feel I have hit a wall in my research and any help on your end is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Sarah Lynch

Default Re: Reclining Leather Sofa and Loveseat

Hi Sarah,

My personal favorite at this time for an excellent balance of Quality, Comfort, and Price is the Bradington Young 912 series, or the 910 series which is built on the same chassis, just styled differently. Give those a look at see what you think....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sarah Ewing Lynch Guest

Dr. Collie,

Thank you so much for your response. I have looked at both and they are both beautiful but I was wanting to find one with a console in the love seat. So I came across SS502-PS-091| Three Piece Power Sectional from there Seven Sea's line. Now I know its made in China and thats a no no but what exactly did they short cut on? I'm not too concerned on price but that piece had everything I was looking for but i don't want to pay the price for something to fall apart. I also have been unable to find many reviews on anything from the Seven Seas line. Any advice on this piece is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I'm not a 'DR." - maybe a doctor of furniture - those are just my initials of my name...

Seven Seas from Bradington Young does not meet my quality standards for durability, longevity, performance or build base on my past experience with the line. One thing to remember about virtually all Chinese-made furniture is that it's very difficult to get replacement parts for them, if not impossible. If one of the recliner mechanisms fails on that piece, you may not be be able to source a replacement, even direct from Bradington Young.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.