Thread: Omnia vs. B-Y motion sofa/loveseats

kingdaddy Guest

Default Omnia vs. B-Y motion sofa/loveseats

Great forum, lots of good advice!
    My wife and I have owned a La-Z-Boy reclining sofa and loveseat (cloth) for 16 years...still in very good condition but we are no longer in love with the style and want to replace them something in leather. Surprisingly, even the material is in fine shape! We have discovered that La-Z-Boy quality is NOT what it was 16 years ago and are having to go higher in our budget to get the quality we want.
    We did see the Omnia Brookfield in a Grade 2 top grain leather (100 %...sides and back) and a color that we liked a lot. Seemed very solid and well made, we can get both pieces for about $4k out the door. Also they will use firmer seat cushion material for no charge. We tried a different sofa with the firmer cushions and really preferred them.
    It seems like you like the B-Y 912 a lot (it does look awesome) but were wondering how close we would be in price and if you can help us understand what advantage the B-Y might have over the Omnia...assumining that you are familiar with the Omnia enough to say.
    The research continues...thanks in advance for your advice!

Default Re: Omnia vs. B-Y motion sofa/loveseats

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with Omnia to compare/contrast to BY. You won't buy the 912 in a sofa and loveseat series for $ 4K out the door, however - I can pretty much tell you that!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kingdaddy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with Omnia to compare/contrast to BY. You won't buy the 912 in a sofa and loveseat series for $ 4K out the door, however - I can pretty much tell you that!
    Yeah, that's what I am thinking... All things considered, I think the Omnia is the way to go in that price range. With two kids in college, 4k is about all the budget can handle right now!
    I agree about buying USA too...another reason I am leaning toward the Omnia.
    Last edited by kingdaddy; 11-21-2013 at 08:56 PM.

You'd be at $ 3,970 for both 912 pieces in the Married Cover, plus transit / delivery costs based on your location.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Since this post was in 2013, did you end up buying the Omnia and if so, how is it holding up after 8 years? Would you recommend the brand? I’m also looking at a particular collection in the Omnia brand that fits our needs both in comfort and looks. But I want to be certain we’re buying decent quality for our budget. Like you, I’ve discovered that the mainstream stuff they sell now is junk compared to how it used to be. But at the same time, some of the styles in the much higher end companies aren’t as appealing as Omnia’s options. And some are price prohibitive, I’m finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I am thinking... All things considered, I think the Omnia is the way to go in that price range. With two kids in college, 4k is about all the budget can handle right now!
    I agree about buying USA too...another reason I am leaning toward the Omnia.