Thread: H&M sofa recommendation - for apartment sized living room

jurislee Guest

Default H&M sofa recommendation - for apartment sized living room

We are purchasing a two bedroom apartment and this will be our first home. We are so excited and cannot help designing it although the deal has not been closed yet.

The living room is 12* 20 (excluding the foyer area). It is not big but decent for an apartment. We are thinking of buying a chair, an ottoman and sa ofa. Because of the room size, we are thinking of Princeton chair with ottaman, which i think would fit me and my BF (I am 5'3 and my BF is 5'10). However, we cannot decide which sofa to go with it. I would like to have a slightly longer sofa, and I am thinking Lennon, Tower, studio, restoration. The overall style would be transitional, and we are thinking of putting an industrial cart coffee table like this: http://www.houzz.com/photos/83059/Je...om-los-angeles

Which one will go best with Princeton chair and the coffee table?

Default Re: H&M sofa recommendation - for apartment sized living room

Keep your furniture small scale in that kind of setting. Princeton will work well as it sits like 'big' chairs and sofas, you should be good with that. Studio has a very low back, mind that...Restoration is good, a bit plain. Lennon likewise. Tower it too large, too massive looking.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jurislee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Keep your furniture small scale in that kind of setting. Princeton will work well as it sits like 'big' chairs and sofas, you should be good with that. Studio has a very low back, mind that...Restoration is good, a bit plain. Lennon likewise. Tower it too large, too massive looking.
    Thank you so much!! My top choices are also Lennon and restoration, but I agree with you that both will look a little plain with the princeton chair, which has nail trim and a very interesting look from different angles. Would it be a good idea to add corresponding nails to Lennon or restoration and make it more interesting? If you have to pick between restoration and lennon, which one you would pick? I understand that the price difference between these models are not that big, so I am torn.

You can add nail trim to both, and the Lennon is fairly conventional. On the Restoration, use nails carefully and don't get too carried away on them. I'd probably use the diamond nail, spaced, along the base only on that one. Nail "O" However, what I really like to do to jazz up a Restoration is put an embossed leather in the vertical arm panels, like this - and use a high grade leather on the body itself, these came out just about perfect:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ht=restoration

I like the way the Restoration sits myself, its a wee firmer than the Lennon - but you can't go wrong either way.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.