Hi all,

We are completely new to this and just looking for a decent quality microfiber/suede-like fabric reclining power/manual sectional in configuration loveseat-console-wedge-loveseat. Our budget is $2000-3500. We are hoping to get at least 7-8 years out of it.

We started looking at several brands that we saw locally and they included Palliser, Southern Motion, Flexsteel and Klaussner. Of course, every sales person said their brands are the greatest and it is hard to understand which brand makes a better product. Overall we like the selection and style of Palliser products the most, however we wanted to check with the experts on this forum first.

What is your opinion about Palliser and the other 3 brands I mentioned? Is it true that all Palliser sectionals are built in Mexico? they advertise themselves as Canadian owned company but not clear where they make it.
Assuming it is made in Mexico, will it make it more difficult to get a repair (if needed) or exchange, compared to US made product?

We came across some negative reviews on Palliser and reading them was kind of scary. Finding good reviews was actually harder.

Other brands have quite a few of bad reviews as well. It almost sounds like negative reviews are posted only by people who actually had an issue while those who actually enjoy it (I bet its a majority) don't take time to write any positive reviews.

Also, what is more reliable power recliner mechanism or manual recliner? I always thought manual is more reliable but one sales person said power recliners tend to break less overall....