Thread: Questions for Duane

earlh Guest

Default Questions for Duane

Man I sure don't want to get hit with the $120/hr. phone fees so I'll ask my questions here.
    Question 1.) BY sofas with their 8 way hand tied springs - how well do these hold up with fat people? Are they going to eventually sag/flatten/break? Will they hold up better than sinuous or webbed?
    Question 2.) Which of the BY sofas are available in married leather?
    Question 3.) Which of the BY sofas that are available in married leather are most suitable for fat people?
    Question 4.) Okay enough with the fat people questions. Do I have this right? When ordering, I will have two contracts, one with Duane and one with the shipper. The contract with the shipper will specify that he/she be paid when delivery is made, not beforehand.
    Okay that's it for now. Keep the fatso jokes to a minimum please. Thanks, Duane.

Default Re: Questions for Duane

LOL, yes, that's why belong my signature line it says 'Ask Questions in the Forum, not in a PM". Because if you want private dialogue, then my consulting rate is $ 30 per 15 minutes of my time. The forum is free to use and post, but not my private one-on-one time. Same with phone calls - if you want an hour of my time on the phone to ask questions that have all been replied to here, but prefer to hear them in person rather than read about them, I will ask you for a credit card over the phone shortly into our conversation - just like an attorney does.

1) I've never seen a spring failure in thousand of pieces I've sold from weight. Springs don't fail, however frame members and the webbing can. Some makers like Hancock & Moore offer reinforced frames for a surcharge - recommended for those over 300 lb. Companies like Bradington-Young do not offer that custom work.

2) I don't have a list

3) How much weight is 'fat'? If you are over 300 lb's and like to 'drop' into a sofa, you probably want a hardwood frame, reinforced for longevity - and that would take you out of all the plywood based product such as Bradington -Young. Spend a little more at the outset and get one that will last for you is my recommendation.

4) Correct. At my store I handle the order for the sofa, and the shipping is co-ordinated for you but you are dealing with a separate company and are free to choose any delivery agent you like, you don't have to use my default shipper at all.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-08-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

earlh Guest

LOL - Duane Collie, Esq. But yeah I completely understand. I can't imagine how many calls you'd get by people asking you the same questions over and over again if you didn't charge a consulting fee. Whenever you want folks to behave a certain way, get there wallets/purses involved - works every time.

Can you revisit these two questions just to clarify.

Question 2.) So if I posted a limited list of what I was interested in, you could tell me if it's available in married leather?
    Question 4.) So assuming I use your default shipper, does he/she get paid when the furniture is delivered and not beforehand? If so, must payment be made in a certain form - i.e., cash, check, etc.?

Thanks again, Duane.
    Oh BTW, has anyone ever actually paid the fee? LOL

Yes, Make a list of the pieces you are interested in and I will advise if in married cover....

Correct the shipper gets paid for the shipping fees at time of delivery. The furniture itself is paid for when the shipper picks it up at the factory, and it will be a few weeks before you actually get it in most cases.

No, I have never had anyone pay the fee yet.....they get off the phone rather quickly in most cases! To be fair, I direct them to the Forum for their answers and its only when they press that I ask for the consult fee.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.