Thread: Use the Voice Mail feature, please!

Default Use the Voice Mail feature, please!

I think folks forget that I am a one-person store, there is only me.

If I'm in the store with a customer, or on the other line, or unloading a truck - I can't get to the phone to take your call. When it gets really busy, I can be on the phone with one customer and see the other line ringing like mad - and from the caller ID I will see the same phone number ring 3 to 4 times as they keep calling back. It doesn't make me get off the phone with the person to whom I am speaking with any faster - if you leave a message rather then continually re-dialing I will call you back and it will save you a lot of frustration and make my other line ring less! Same with unloading a truck, if I have a semi out in the parking lot and we're taking ten pieces off the truck, I can't stop to advise you what color leather I think will look best in your room. I have to get the truck unloaded - leave a message..... I'm really good about replying to them and most emails within a day.

My average work day is 50 phone calls a day, 15 customers in the store, 20 emails and PM's and an hour working on freight. I get to forum questions when I can, often at night from home. I know, I need to hire a person but would have to take my prices up 6 to 8 % to cover that cost of a full-time employee....and I'm not sure ya'll want me to do that.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Default Re: Use the Voice Mail feature, please!

PHONE CALLS FOR ORDERING; Duane what time of your business day would be best to call to place an order, when you first open in the morning, or right before you close in the evening? I am assuming you no longer want an email for orders?

Default Re: Use the Voice Mail feature, please!

Any time is a good time, phone or email, both are fine. There is only me here, however - so if I'm on the other line, on the sales floor, or out loading a truck (Fridays are the busiest for truck loading) then I might not be able to pickup the phone.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.