I think folks forget that I am a one-person store, there is only me.

If I'm in the store with a customer, or on the other line, or unloading a truck - I can't get to the phone to take your call. When it gets really busy, I can be on the phone with one customer and see the other line ringing like mad - and from the caller ID I will see the same phone number ring 3 to 4 times as they keep calling back. It doesn't make me get off the phone with the person to whom I am speaking with any faster - if you leave a message rather then continually re-dialing I will call you back and it will save you a lot of frustration and make my other line ring less! Same with unloading a truck, if I have a semi out in the parking lot and we're taking ten pieces off the truck, I can't stop to advise you what color leather I think will look best in your room. I have to get the truck unloaded - leave a message..... I'm really good about replying to them and most emails within a day.

My average work day is 50 phone calls a day, 15 customers in the store, 20 emails and PM's and an hour working on freight. I get to forum questions when I can, often at night from home. I know, I need to hire a person but would have to take my prices up 6 to 8 % to cover that cost of a full-time employee....and I'm not sure ya'll want me to do that.