Thread: Looking for leather quality on a budget

Smile Looking for leather quality on a budget

I have been saving up for about 3 years and have about $6000 to spend on a set of leather furniture for my currently unfurnished basement living room. Any suggestions? I was hoping to get two sofas and a recliner or tilt back chair with an ottoman. Help please :-) I finished my basement three years ago, but have been completely unhappy with the local run of the mill furniture offerings. My experience with several furniture companies locally has been irritating at best, as ALL of them have suggested that i need to save up a couple of thousand more dollars to get the quality that I have been asking for. I appreciate any guidance I can get. The closest thing to quality I have been offered was a group of Craftmaster products and I wasn't very impressed.

earlh Guest

Default Re: Looking for leather quality on a budget

LOL - you're kidding, right? Furniture stores advocating "saving up." Whoa, never heard such a thing. Usually it's hurry up and fill out the credit app. so we can get you that "zero-zero for zero" special financing. Man, America is changing.

Earlh: Exactly. I prefer to pay cash and don't want to get stuck in the debt rut, hence whey I have been saving for so long. I am holding out for something decent, but I have to be honest, 3 years with no furniture has gotten really old!

earlh Guest

6k is a nice chunk of change. I'm sure Duane will have some recommendations. Check out the Dillon from Bradington Young. It is here.

You should be able to get decent quality for a little over $ 6K, a solid "B" tier maker. The "A" tiers will require a bit more, however. Figure $ 2,100 to $ 2,800 each for a sofa in promotional or entry level hides and $ 1,500 for a Tilt back chair and ottoman. Plus transport fees depending on where you live. An "A tier level" will be about 25% more.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You should be able to get decent quality for a little over $ 6K, a solid "B" tier maker. The "A" tiers will require a bit more, however. Figure $ 2,100 to $ 2,800 each for a sofa in promotional or entry level hides and $ 1,500 for a Tilt back chair and ottoman. Plus transport fees depending on where you live. An "A tier level" will be about 25% more.
    Duane,

What makers of "B" tier quality would you suggest? I live in Atlanta, Georgia, but if need be, I can go anywhere to make a purchase in person for the right deal. I would much rather pay the cost of airfare and a rental car to get the best quality for my limited budget, rather than settle for what I can find locally from a retailer that rubs me the wrong way. I like that Leathercraft 2670, but that seems to be a stretch...

Thanks Earlh. I will look at that line now. Hopefully Duane will recommend some others as well.

Leathercraft is an "A" tier piece.

Among the B Tiers: Bradington-Young (which I sell), Classic Leather, American Leather, McNeily, Stickley.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank Duane. I will do a little more research on my end. This information hekps me to narrow things down a bit. Once I review some of the Braddington Young items, i wil get back to you.