Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on Lane Furniture

Hybrid View

Exclamation Question on Lane Furniture

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and see if I could get some information about Lane furniture. I read several of the posts but Lane was not mentioned in regards to leather sofa's.
    Is it because they are not available else where or just not as popular As the other brands mentioned often. I am some what concerned that maybe I made a purchase I should not have. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I purchased the sofa and love seat set from the Hemispheres Collection by Lane Home Furnishings. Thanks Kathy

Hi Kathy,
    Welcome to the forum. Did you have a specific question on your new pieces?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Lane Furniture

Mainly I was trying to find out anything I could about the Lane furniture I am purchasing. If I find it is if really poor quality or doesn't hold up well I am sure I can transfer my deposit to something else if I have information to base my concerns on. Any information you can give me in regards to the pieces I am purchasing or the company itself would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has experience with this set Hemispheres Collection or on one site I saw it listed as Bennett but the picture was the same. The item numbers are 91620 and 91630. Thanks for all your help.

I can tell you that I read and hear more complaints about Lane furniture than I do compliments from people that have purchased it, but don't have specifics for you. Lane used to build fairly good pieces in the 80's when it was USA-made, but they have since largely moved production to China and no longer enjoy that reputation.
    Duane Collie

Thanks Duane that is not very comforting. Can you tell me how I can post the questions for other members to read? If I could get some specifics it would be really helpful . Thanks

Oh, everyone here will read it as they stop by the forum, it will show up as a NEW post.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Thanks Duane that is not very comforting. Can you tell me how I can post the questions for other members to read? If I could get some specifics it would be really helpful . Thanks
    Kathy,

Regarding your question - can you give us some ideas what other brands you looked at and what your budget is? ARe you looking for everyday furniture, occasional, or something in between? Also where in the US are you located some people maybe able to give you ideas of other furniture brands/stores that are nearby you.

A lot of brands with good names have moved production overseas to cut costs of producing the item, unfortunately quality and construction materials also seem to have suffered. I have read that Flexsteel makes some items in China (latitudes) and some in the USA (most of their blue steel spring pieces) and the difference is readily apparent with the US made stuff being superior.

Hi Briant, We live in he Houston area. Have picked out the following Lane pieces cat# 91620 & 91630. We liked the support of he seating not to cushy a little on the firm side. I have not been able to find out much information about Lane and now it has me worried that maybe I should have done more research although I really like the look of the pieces they don't look like all the others you see plus it was very confortable now just really worried about craftsmanship. Any help you can give woud be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Hi Briant, We live in he Houston area. Have picked out the following Lane pieces cat# 91620 & 91630. We liked the support of he seating not to cushy a little on the firm side. I have not been able to find out much information about Lane and now it has me worried that maybe I should have done more research although I really like the look of the pieces they don't look like all the others you see plus it was very confortable now just really worried about craftsmanship. Any help you can give woud be appreciated.
    Regardless of brand a lot depends on how you use these pieces on how well they'll stand up. I went to the Lane website but see nothing under those numbers, so can't tell you anything about the pieces you selected. Sounds like you like the look and feel of the piece which is important.

You never did tell us budget or if leather/fabric is needed. The reason I am asking about budget is because it will give the experts here some other brands in that price range to compare with Lane. Also how long do you want this piece to last is important.

Try googling this "Lane Furniture Quality" but remember you'll always find more people writing to complain than praise on any product.
    Last edited by Briant73; 03-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Briant, I understand the pieces have been discontinued, do you know if I can contact Lane and ask them, can you read my last reply to Duane? You guys are so helpful I really appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by kwarner; 03-10-2009 at 09:04 AM.