Thread: H&M Weston and Capri Comparison Request

goldem Guest

Default H&M Weston and Capri Comparison Request

I've read what I think are most of the discussion around Weston and Capri, but I've got a few questions.

After any number of back and forth and redesigns I've finally found something which works. Two pieces are left to wrap things up from what I tell, one chair and an ottoman. I'm looking at the Austin Highback Tilt in Tobacco or Navy, and I like what I've seen for Capri Tobacco and Weston Navy on photos on the forum. However, I'd really like to see what Weston's Tobacco and Capri's Navy look like on actual pieces.

It seems like Weston's a more uniform style without the variances present on Capri, but I'm not sure if that is the case with Tobacco or if the fact it's a pull-up will result in variations of the tone?

It looks like the Capri Navy has the same styling as the Tobacco, is this about right?

Does anyone have pictures/examples of pieces in the Capri Navy cover and/or the Weston Tobacco?

Default Re: H&M Weston and Capri Comparison Request

Do a search here in the box at upper right, there are photos of both those leathers in the photo resources library.

Weston is a waxy Pull-up hide, with a very nice hand and you will see some light pressure markings in the surface

Capri is a super-soft luxury leather, no waxy topcoat at all and not a pull-up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

goldem Guest

Thanks Duane. I honestly did do searches for both Capri Navy and Weston Tobacco earlier and didn't find any matches for pictures of pieces in those covers. I did just run a second search in case I missed something, but I don't see any matches for either (it's possible I'm still overlooking them, but I feel like I've looked pretty thoroughly at this point). I see great examples of Capri Tobacco and Weston Navy, but not the other way around. I was hoping someone on the forum might have a picture of one of their pieces showing the look of those covers.

HA! Yes, my memory had them backwards.....

I've had Capri Navy come through the store on pieces, its a magnificent leather and looks rich / expensive. Weston Tobacco I can't recall having seen made up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.