Thread: Newbie Value Shopper Moving Constantly

SLGUARDO Guest

Default Newbie Value Shopper Moving Constantly

I am late to this forum-where have I been?? Thank you for sharing SO MUCH information. I am a researcher when it comes to big purchases and this is a dream come true.

My wonderful husband and I are ready to begin replacing our furniture purchased when we first married 10 years ago. I was super young (18) and we were dumb on so many things... My husband returned from his second deployment and we bought some cheaply made items. Now smarter, more senior in careers we are glad to find this forum. Okay enough on introductions here is my question....

We are military and move often (set to move later this year). I have been on the fence about purchasing new furniture because of the movements. We want new living room items to include a new leather couch... If we purchase now we would have about 3to 4 more moves. How would you handle purchases? Shoot for a high quality but not top tier company like BY?

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Default Re: Newbie Value Shopper Moving Constantly

OLD MILITARY WIFE ADVICE
    First of all do not buy the junk living room furniture sold at PX. Do not buy any leather sofa that is oversized. Remember movers trying to get your sofa to an upstairs quarters, or thru small doors and hallways. Retain complete records of your purchase to include pictures. Do not pack this information in household goods. Putting your furniture in storage can be high risk. We moved more than 18 times, had items lost, damaged and stolen during transfers and storage but husband and 4 children were all that matter in the end. Good luck to you and yours.

SLGUARDO Guest

Default Re: Newbie Value Shopper Moving Constantly

Great tips. We considered all but the size of the sofa for future locations. Thanks!