I've been redocorating through house, and I feel like I'm in the home stretch (whew!).

I am at the point of furniture replacement (which will be followed by carpet replacement and quite possibly repainting based on the furniture appearance). The thing I'd like to do is replace the old, beat up coffee table with a shared ottoman and put in a 2038NB Austin tilt-back in place of the brown recliner (which is also old and beat up) to sit alongside the other recliner which should be available soon.

My concern is this is effectively the only sitting room in the home. I'd think two chairs (one recliner and the Austin) and a sofa would be about right. This is the largest room in the house, but it is not a huge home by any means. It feels like there is sufficient space to move around with placeholder furniture currently there, but as I've been reading Duane's advice on other discussions the common theme seems to be "less is more" and I try to follow experienced advice.

My question is, based on the floor plan, is this too much furniture for the space? It seems fine when I look at it, but then again when you've been looking at something for so long you don't always picture it any other way.

Any thoughts are appreciated and thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floorplan1.JPG 
Views:	488 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	5935