Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B-Y # 678-95 Sofa in leather 9048-85

Default B-Y # 678-95 Sofa in leather 9048-85

A GR 4 leather as of the date of this post, this is a handsome sofa with the well-defined wood base, and 9048 is always a nice hide, with a good color. This was ordered for a customer so won't be in my store, but would be priced at $ 2,943 if it were (subject to change).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY1.jpg 
Views:	1107 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	5955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY2.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	5956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY3.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	5957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY4.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	5958
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

earlh Guest

Default Re: B-Y # 678-95 Sofa in leather 9048-85

LOL - I may have spoke too soon. This one has pricing.

earlh Guest

Why is the corner clipped on the tag in the third photo?

Quote Originally Posted by earlh View Post
    Why is the corner clipped on the tag in the third photo?
    I believe it folds out.....
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by earlh View Post
    LOL - I may have spoke too soon. This one has pricing.
    So far I am not restricted by Bradington-Young with posting pricing so I shall until they tell me not to, which eventually they will, I'm sure. Sooner or later someone will print off one of these posted prices - walk it into a local dealer of theirs and ask for a price match - and that will be the end of posting prices, or perhaps even selling out of one's marketing territory. The dealer that just got asked to match pricing will take a photocopy of that price match, then call B-Y headquarters and raise heck. And that as they say - will be that! If you're a retail customer - be smart and don't stir the pot, play it cool with pricing and other dealers.
    Duane Collie

jskr79 Guest

I'm new here (though I've lurked around on-and-off for several months), so hopefully I'm not going to ask questions that are stupid (i.e., that are already answered in some FAQ here).

I might start another thread looking for general guidance, but in this thread I'll stick to the topic at hand. I like the look of this sofa. I'm overwhelmed by all of the leather options, though I think I'm starting to understand a bit more now that I've reviewed information available here and on some other websites several times. I'm a bit surprised that the photos in this thread make the leather look so light in color. I realize the photos were taken outside in direct sunlight, but a color swatch I looked at another website for this color has me feeling puzzled since I would assume the sofa would look much darker. I'm going to attach that sample for comparison: Attachment 6211

On the same website I liked the looks of the colors 9054-86 and 9069-87 but now I'm wondering if the former would be too light/bright for my taste and if the latter might end up having more of a red hue than I anticipate.

goldem Guest

This may help out. A few months ago I stopped by the local high-end furniture place's warehouse/moving sale looking for end tables and this loveseat caught my eye. I liked the tone and depth of the leather and initially assumed it was a knock-off with some effects applied, but looking at the tag showed the cover to be 9048-85 (Kodiak Canyon). I wasn't planning to update my loveseat until quite a bit later, but passing up the opportunity of finding a floor-model BY in a cover I'd been eyeing for a while was something I would've regretted. One thing I will say I was unexpectedly happy about was seeing the "wrinkle folds" over the material, which I can now say I understand why Duane prefers aniline. This particular cow must have looked like it was 80 years old based on the number of decorations in the cover, which I think look fantastic in this shade. Not so much red in sunlight as an orange (in my eye), but it does have a glow to it once it's not being compared to direct sunlight.

The first pics are under fluorescent light (warehouse) and the latter are under incandescent. I've tried to give some different color backgrounds to how how it appears against both a strong red and a strong white. Sorry, but I don't own a quality digital camera so the best I can do is the phone. In either case, you'll notice the dramatic difference in shade depending on the lighting (yes, these are the same couch with the same camera).

Name:	WP_000625.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	6212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000626.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	6213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000646.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	6214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000731.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	6215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000732.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	6216

jskr79 Guest

Thank you, goldem, for your post and especially the photos. Guess my attachment of the color sample didn't work for some reason, but it looked much more like the color you photographed under incandescent lighting -- a good thing for me because that's more in line with what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    A GR 4 leather as of the date of this post, this is a handsome sofa with the well-defined wood base, and 9048 is always a nice hide, with a good color. This was ordered for a customer so won't be in my store, but would be priced at $ 2,943 if it were (subject to change).

Name:	BY1.jpg 
Views:	1107 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	5955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY2.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	5956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY3.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	5957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY4.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	5958
    Duane,

Is this a finished leather, or an aniline pull up? I like the warm caramel color its showing up as in your outside/direct sunlight pics. Prob be a little too light a shade for my tastes, so this question is more a broad inquiry of the 9048 leathers.

The 9048 series hides have been retired.
    Duane Collie