Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&M sofa questions/advice

Default Re: H&M sofa questions/advice

H&M is closed due to weather, and my store may be tomorrow, we'll see how much snow lands tonight!

Tours are done one-on-one, there is no set tour time. Usually its best to begin around 8 a.m., and finish up about 11 to 12 before the lunch break.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Duane Just sent email to Keeping Room, order for chair and ottoman. Thanks for all the info on the Springfield sofa. Now decison has been made to put the Chancellor in the TV room. This leaves me with out a sofa in "parlor". Back to square one. Pat

Vegas Guest

I have a Carmen and love it.

The Capri leather is wonderful. Its not on my Carmen but its so wonderful. I have it on a Utah chair and Ottoman in Navy.

I have been very intrigued by the Bronson in a quilted back Capri leather. Am looking to change out a living room sometime. I would like a nice deep seating sofa in there but feel cautious about the outside depth. Its not a small room but not huge either. Any thoughts?

Kgaddy Guest

Vegas, I understand why you love the Carmen. It would have been on my short list though we are generally looking for more of a straight backed sofa given that we already have a curved back one. In terms of the Bronson in quite back Capri leather, I think it would be amazingly beautiful! The Bronson has a curved back so its true depth at any one spot is likely a bit less than the 50 inches overall depth. In the store, the Bronson does not appear to overwhelm in terms of size at least to me probably because of its curves. My den is more long and narrow (only 14 feet wide so it would be too big for my den I think). Beyond that, I would not know how to advise you. I understand the concern about getting a sofa that looks small in the showroom only to discover that it is much bigger than you first thought when you get it in your home.

Kgaddy Guest

Duane,

OK, I would like to plan on an H&M tour for the morning of April 8th. Is it best for me to arrange a tour through you? Please let me know. If I don't hear back from you by Tuesday, I will contact H&M directly to see if I can set something up (and will mention that I learned about the option from you.

I do hope it works out as I can't wait to see the place in person.

Thank you!

Vegas Guest

Thanks for the information. The Capri leather will just knock your socks off. Have you seen the Bronson with the quilting effect on the inside back pillows? The capri leather doesn't need it but the quilting looked beautiful too. A photo of another sofa on this forum an owner posted was the Madeline which absolutely surprised me. It makes a statement and looks comfortable at the same time.

If you would like to arrange a tour of H&M, please PM me or send and email with your first and last name, and those of your party, and a contact cell phone number and I will be glad to set it up for you.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Kgaddy Guest

Vegas,

I have never seen Capri in person (other than in a swatch). I am sure it is beautiful on a sofa. I have seen the Bronson with the quilting effect (on both the back pillows and seat cushion) in some sort of burnished leather (at Weirs here in Dallas). I thought it was beautiful and very comfortable to boot. Given the suppleness of the Capri leather, I bet the combo would be a winner. I took a look at the Madeline but it is a bit too long and maybe a bit too formal for what I am looking to find for our den. I have been told that I can be a bit picky!!!

Vegas Guest

Kgaddy, yes I can drive myself wacky with being too picky and then it just hits me and I make a decision. Thank you for the info about the Bronson.