Thread: Store is CLOSED today due to snowstorm

Default Store is CLOSED today due to snowstorm

Closed today, Feb 13th and perhaps tomorrow the 14th as well. I have 13" of heavy, wet snow in my driveway and my huge Honda Snowblower can't handle it and clogs right up. With a 200' long driveway and that much snow, trying to shovel it would put me in the E.R., so looks like I will be working from home for a bit! If you do call the store it will forward to my cell phone, but I don't have access to all my price books so I may not be able to do any more than best guess on any pricing should you call.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

earlh Guest

Default Re: Store is CLOSED today due to snowstorm

Hey Duane,

Where have you been? It's just not like you to be away from your board for so long. This is the longest absence I've seen. Hope you didn't get caught up in an avalanche or buried somewhere in that 200 foot driveway of yours. Well, I'm sure all is well. I guess you're just taking a much needed hiatus. Holler back soon, otherwise we're gonna send out Search & Rescue!

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Duane Feel your pain. I have not seen my boxwoods in more than a month. Snow and ice every where. We are a few blocks from Lake Erie and for an old southern gal this is torment. But it looks like the weather is just as bad down there.

vbnet Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daywecouldntgetout.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	6005
    Hope you are doing ok under all that snow. Just pace yourself. Don't try to clear it all - all at once. Feb 2011, we had so much snow the northern suburbs of Chicago pretty much shut down for 2 days. Hope this picture works.

earlh Guest

Hey Duane,

Man, I'm beginning to seriously wonder if you're alright. I certainly hope so. I've never seen the board go this long without you. Maybe you just lost power or something? Well whatever the case, give us a nod as soon as you can just to let us know all is well.

Vegas Guest

Yes, where are you Duane?

vbnet: I was raised in Chicago (still love it), but boy, am I glad to be in Las Vegas. Yes, its an inferno during the summer but so worth it the rest of the year. Its almost 70 degrees today.....

vbnet Guest

Ugh more snow coming to chitown Monday

Closed two days because of snow and having to take my elderly parents to the doctors on Friday afternoon, am working today at the store Sunday morning (will not be answering phone calls) to try to catch up. Saturday was wall-to-wall busy from the moment I opened the door until after closing, a steady stream of customers. Emails and forum replies will have to wait until I can get caught up, sorry. Just a quick note hear to let everyone know I'm trying to catch up from the backlog, but its going to be a couple days...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.