Thread: Leather conditioning

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Leather conditioning

I have an Author chair and ottoman in Capri leather that I will have had for a year in July but it is actually a bit older than that (Duane knows the story) and the leather is due for conditioning. The chair isn't used much and is wiped down regularly but time-wise I think it is ready to be conditioned. Hancock and Moore sent me a complimentary conditioning kit but I haven't already used it because I am not sure whether they sent me the right product. They sent me two bottles of Leather Magic; one is labeled Nubuck Leather Cleaner and the other says Nubuck Leather Conditioner. Are those the right products for Capri? The bottles say the product is for use with all nubuck, suede, semi-aniline, and naked leather. I thought Capri was an aniline leather so I haven't tried using the products. Capri is a beautiful leather so I wouldn't want to use the wrong thing on it and alter its appearance.

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Re: Leather conditioning

I may have an answer to my own question as the Leather Magic website is a bit different from what is stated on the bottle. It says the Nubuck Leather conditioner and cleaner is for aniline leather too and seems to indicate the Nubuck product is for any unprotected leather.

Yes, those are the correct ones. Capri is classified as a 'naked' leather (pure aniline) so you use the mild product on it. It is likely to initially darken the leather when first applied, test the back area first, let dry and make sure you are OK with that before going right into the main seating area on it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ci2Eye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, those are the correct ones. Capri is classified as a 'naked' leather (pure aniline) so you use the mild product on it. It is likely to initially darken the leather when first applied, test the back area first, let dry and make sure you are OK with that before going right into the main seating area on it.
    Thank you for the input and advice. I will definitely test it first.

I need to post some pictures of the chair because it turned out quite nice and is a little different from the Hancock and Moore photo of the Author chair which has a more rustic character.

joeyd Guest

Please post pictures as I am ordering an Author Chair in Capri Claret. If it's easier to email, please email belmontjoe at gmail dot com

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ci2Eye View Post
    Thank you for the input and advice. I will definitely test it first.

I need to post some pictures of the chair because it turned out quite nice and is a little different from the Hancock and Moore photo of the Author chair which has a more rustic character.