As a dealer for both these companies, I was dismayed to learn that Leathercraft only has a 1 year replacement policy on their cushion inserts for their upholstery. I have a very good customer who has an 2-year-old Leathercraft recliner that the seat and back cushions appear to have lost their resiliency. I called to get replacements and found out there was going to be a charge! Well, I'm not going to charge my customer for them - no way, because good cushions should last more than 2 years, so I ordered them anyways.

Hancock and Moore will replace cushions at no charge for the life of the piece to the original owner, and I like that policy much better. It's the right way to do business.

Its kind of funny to watch the Leathercraft people come in my store and say "We'd like to get some sales figures like you get with Hancock and Moore!" So I tell them "To get sales like Hancock and Moore you have to BE more like Hancock and Moore". They hem and haw, and say "We can't afford to do some of the things they do" then go on their merry way, thinking they can wish themselves into higher sales, I guess.

I like the Leathercraft product line as a whole, don't get me wrong. But it baffles me how they can continually shoot themselves in the foot with policies like cushion replacements, refusals to repair their product if damaged (by the customer) and the like.