Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leathercraft vs. Hancock and Moore

Thanks Diane! It's a small thing to put forth a little effort to help out. The more everyone does it, the better our country will be.

I have your core cushions for your sister all ordered up. 22 years on the original cores and the chair is still going strong otherwise! What a great testament to the durability of the Hancock and Moore product.

She should have the new ones in about two weeks.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Default Thanks Duane!

Wow, thanks Duane! Once again you have gone way beyond what we have all gown to expect out of business-owners. Now if you can just let other business-owners in on your secret (learned at a very young age) this world would be great! Many thanks to you.

Yes, 22 years and this chair looks excellent (aside from some sag in the cushions). It is truly a testament to H&M's products. I think she said she paid over $2,000 for this chair that many years ago. Inflation is not that bad now is it?

Thank you, Duane and thank you from my sister!

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by dr56 View Post
    Wow, Duane, that would be great! Now hopefully she still has her original receipt. I will get that to you if she does. I am having a strange feeling not as this is why she had contacted the store she originally purchased from and they either did not want to check back in their records (about 15 years ago) or some other reason and therefore told her she could not get replacements. I am not fond of this particular store. Anyway, I appreciate it!

Diane
    Just as a followup to this thread, Diane told me her sister got her cushion cores from Hancock and Moore that I ordered on her sister's behalf and they came at no charge to her, not even a shipping charge.

Once again, H&M shows its a first-class operation. A set of cores from any other maker would run about $ 200 shipped on a chair if they had to be purchased. Something to consider when you buy a piece as most makers will not send no-charge replacements (and also don't patronize lazy dealers - that find it easier to say "NO" then to pickup the phone and find out).
    Duane Collie

dr56 Guest

Default H&M is the best!

Yes, my sister did receive her cushion inserts and much to her amazement. She has had her chair for about 20 years and to get replacement cores at absolutely no charge is simply unbelievable. She is so very grateful. Her chair looks brand new! Thank you, Duane for offering this service even though she did not purchase her chair through you. Not only is H&M a quality consumer-friendly company, you are too, Duane! H&M is fortunate to have you as one of their top sales people!!! Kudos to you, Duane!!

I'm glad to do it, Diane. It didn't require much effort on my part, just a fax to H&M with all the specifics. Glad to be able to assist....
    Duane Collie