Unlike Hancock & Moore who run defined sales periods, Bradington-Young does not. But they will allow me to run a 2-week sale period of my choosing twice a year with some factory participation in that its a genuine cost reduction, not some hyper-inflated slasher sale that more furniture stores run. Right now they are telling me they will do 5% off, but I'm pushing for 10% off from them - we'll see if I can convince them to give me the deeper discount. They will, of course, expect to see a considerable volume in orders during the sale period so its up to me to pick good dates for what will be a 2 -week sale period. Here's where I need your input, when do YOU want to see a sale period occur? One where you will actually be more likely to make a purchase?

My thoughts are:

* It's currently mid-March and from now until April 15th, people are ramping up for taxes and also Spring is in the air. That means most are not focused on inside furniture, its getting the taxes done and submitted and then going outside after a long winter.

* It I wait until late June, then its off for Summer Vacation and the kids are out of school.

So I'm thinking sometime in May. Perhaps the last two weeks in May. Tell me what you think? Your input will help me when to run this sale period.