Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradington Young Sale Days

Default Bradington Young Sale Days

Unlike Hancock & Moore who run defined sales periods, Bradington-Young does not. But they will allow me to run a 2-week sale period of my choosing twice a year with some factory participation in that its a genuine cost reduction, not some hyper-inflated slasher sale that more furniture stores run. Right now they are telling me they will do 5% off, but I'm pushing for 10% off from them - we'll see if I can convince them to give me the deeper discount. They will, of course, expect to see a considerable volume in orders during the sale period so its up to me to pick good dates for what will be a 2 -week sale period. Here's where I need your input, when do YOU want to see a sale period occur? One where you will actually be more likely to make a purchase?

My thoughts are:

* It's currently mid-March and from now until April 15th, people are ramping up for taxes and also Spring is in the air. That means most are not focused on inside furniture, its getting the taxes done and submitted and then going outside after a long winter.

* It I wait until late June, then its off for Summer Vacation and the kids are out of school.

So I'm thinking sometime in May. Perhaps the last two weeks in May. Tell me what you think? Your input will help me when to run this sale period.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young Sale Days

May sounds good!

wsujason Guest

I'd likely be interested in May, also, if I can wait that long.

SorenK Guest

Tax return cash is king. Someone somewhere must have a chart of when the most refund checks hit the banks. For me, I'm in the market now but furniture isn't an impulse buy, especially when it will take 4 to 8 weeks for delivery. Have my eye on a Dillion sofa and a few chairs or recliners that would provide a comfortable contrast so as to not overwhelf the room with too much of the same thing. Mid to late April isn't a bad idea. Soren

The BY sale period will be the last two week of May and I will structure it like this:

5% off my already discounted prices when using a credit card for payment. 20% down, balance applied to your credit card when the product ships.

7% off if pre-paying the order in full by check or cash.
    Duane Collie

vbnet Guest

Can you elaborate on how pricing works if you do a club chair 1/2 leather, 1/2 fabric?

Also I've looked high and low for the BY fabrics online. I guess I'm just missing them. Do you have to look under the Sam Moore fabrics?

And finally is it possible to combine shipping with a Hancock and Moore piece?

When you do a 50/50 combo, on most pieces from most companies it goes at full leather price of whatever leather grade you selected.

You won't find B-Y fabrics on-line, in fact there are very few to choose from. They do fabrics as an afterthought at best, and don't try to promote them or even keep them updated. In fact, I've been a Bradington Young dealer now for about 26 years and I've never sold the first piece in fabric! I do have samples in the store, but there is so little interest in this category I won't be doing photos or descriptions of them, sorry.

You can't combine ship from any two companies - because it requires two different pickups at different locations. They travel as separate orders.
    Duane Collie

aroca86 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Unlike Hancock & Moore who run defined sales periods, Bradington-Young does not. But they will allow me to run a 2-week sale period of my choosing twice a year with some factory participation in that its a genuine cost reduction, not some hyper-inflated slasher sale that more furniture stores run. Right now they are telling me they will do 5% off, but I'm pushing for 10% off from them - we'll see if I can convince them to give me the deeper discount. They will, of course, expect to see a considerable volume in orders during the sale period so its up to me to pick good dates for what will be a 2 -week sale period. Here's where I need your input, when do YOU want to see a sale period occur? One where you will actually be more likely to make a purchase?

My thoughts are:

* It's currently mid-March and from now until April 15th, people are ramping up for taxes and also Spring is in the air. That means most are not focused on inside furniture, its getting the taxes done and submitted and then going outside after a long winter.

* It I wait until late June, then its off for Summer Vacation and the kids are out of school.

So I'm thinking sometime in May. Perhaps the last two weeks in May. Tell me what you think? Your input will help me when to run this sale period.

Hi Duane - Thanks so much for your quick responses! This forum has been so helpful (even posts from years ago have been super helpful). I think I've decided on the BY Hanley, and have already requested for swatches (via email to you). Per your response to my previous posts and also this thread, BY does not do "sales", but dealers such as yourself can request them. I'm not super in a hurry to get a sofa, so was wondering if/when you were going to have one like this this year?

Thanks so much!

No plans for any sales on Bradington Young at this time. I have not been happy with the merge with Hooker's system (parent company) in July and their customer service has been a disaster since then. Additionally I am seeing quality control issues, so I am "standing down" on the brand until I see an improvement. As such, I will maintain the dealership but not promote it at this time. Things have to improve before I will run a sale period. Quite honestly, I prefer customers purchase Hancock and Moore, hwoever there is push-back on the higher price of H&M from customers.
    Duane Collie

aroca86 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    No plans for any sales on Bradington Young at this time. I have not been happy with the merge with Hooker's system (parent company) in July and their customer service has been a disaster since then. Additionally I am seeing quality control issues, so I am "standing down" on the brand until I see an improvement. As such, I will maintain the dealership but not promote it at this time. Things have to improve before I will run a sale period. Quite honestly, I prefer customers purchase Hancock and Moore, hwoever there is push-back on the higher price of H&M from customers.
    Hi Duane - your comment on BY's quality control is somewhat concerning. Can you explain what you've been seeing?

Thanks!