I've got a new (less than a month) BY 4017 Wisner I was looking "under the hood" of a few evenings ago and noticed the marking (below) on the cover for the footrest. I initially thought it was just some of the finish not getting applied evenly, but looking more closely I can see the leather is definitely rubbing and digging against the mechanism when it is opened and closed at rest. I'm guessing this is because of a slight difference in the footrest size or maybe the mechanism is slightly out of alignment, but definitely don't have a solid answer. My main concern is that if this is after a month and it's already starting to dig into the hide, after a few more months whether I going to be looking at the mechanism continuing to chew through the footrest.

Before I go hitting up the dealer with a request for repair/replacement I'm wondering if this is a normal difference in mechanism spacing based on the folks' here experience or if this something which should (or even can) be fixed. It's not something which is on the high visibility parts of the piece, and the mechanism opens/closes fine so it's not something which is anything to freak out over, but when entering into furniture in this price range it's good to know if this is something which is "normal" or an actual defect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000691.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	6098