Thread: Henredon Help, please

swimmer Guest

Default Henredon Help, please

We purchased a Henredon sectional and after 1.5 months the C grade fabric started separating from the seam, there was a line through a cushion and the hardware that kept the pieces together completely fell out. This was our first purchase of upholstery after 18 years so we do not have much experience. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar enough with the fabric grades within the Henredon line and if this was just bad luck? The grade C's tend to be 100% poly. Good? Bad? The company will be replacing the piece but we have decided to not replace it with another sectional. I was thinking of going up a few in the alphabet grades but not sure if I have to...? Our family room is 21'7" x 18", so a good size but odd in shape. Wondering if I should go with a 91" sofa and a 68" loveseat or 2 88" sofas. We also have a current odd chair in the room as well. Thank you!

Default Re: Henredon Help please

Sounds like you had a seam that wasn't sewn tightly, it happens to even the best of makers. The hardware that holds sectionals together is usually a simply set of 'alligator teeth', and held in by three screws, while yours should not have fallen out, its a very easy fix.

Fabric price grades have nothing to do with quality, its just the price they pay for a given fabric. Was your fault a seam separation or is the fabric weave coming apart? Big difference.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.