Thread: New Bradington-Young Leathers

Default New Bradington-Young Leathers

A new group of about forty leather swatches came in from Brad-Young today. I have to say, I like what they have sent. They are getting away from the coarse and plastic-feeling cheaper hides and this new group looks very nice. Good colors (not all browns!) and nice hand to them. For a while, they were just going with the bargain basement covers, its good to see these better leathers in the handles.

Worth a look if you're in the market for new leather furniture at good price points.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

trisig Guest

Duane,
    I have seen it mentioned several times that Bradington-Young is less expensive than H&M. Can you give me a quote just to how much less expensive they are. How much would the Cheyenne be in a Grade 2 leather?

Thanks

Yes, they are less expensive than H&M. On average, I'd say 20 percent less in price comparing apples to apples. However, they are also 20 percent less furniture - not so much in components or durability, but in the 'art of upholstery'. When I walk into one of these mega-stores that carry all the brands, I can usually spot an H&M piece from thirty feet away just because of the way it looks. Not so a B-Y (and many other brands). Still, B-Y is solid, well-made, and does get one into a high quality piece at a lesser price point.

Not sure which "Cheyenne" you are looking for but this is for a 567-95 Sofa in Gr 2, Bentley Place:

$ 2,310 + Shipping
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

yogi Guest

Does anyone have the Garrison B&Y line and what do you think of it. My wife and I like the H&M Journey also. We would like to get either one in ultra down. H&M does not offer the Journey love seat in the T&C program so the Garrison would be our second choice for Sofa,Loveseat recliner combo. We found the Journey very comfortable and like the style.