Thread: Taylor King Sectional - Sleeper vs. Non Sleeper

Asper Guest

Default Taylor King Sectional - Sleeper vs. Non Sleeper

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to post. First off, Thanks Duane for running such a great forum, it really has a wealth of information that helped me understand more than I ever thought there was to know about sofas!

So we have been actively searching for a sectional and the wife has decided that the Taylor King Sleepworks line may fit the bill. We have been looking at the K5532 82" RAF Sofa and a K5571 68" LAF Chaise with the Woodell Indigo grade 20 fabric. Now I was just curious if anyone has any experience with Taylor King Sleepers - Are they as comfortable? how does the construction differ from the non sleeper? Do you lose the 8 way coils?

We don't necessarily need the sleeper, but were priced (out the door) $5460 for the non sleeper and $5857 for the sleeper. For the price difference, it seemed worthwhile to have an extra bed, although i'm not sure how that affects the quality of the sofa. Any thoughts on my questions or on price would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Default Re: Taylor King Sectional - Sleeper vs. Non Sleeper

Here is something Duane posted a few weeks ago...

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...t=sleeper+sofa

hglaber Guest

If you don't need a sleeper, don't get one (in my opinion). They are not quite as good as a real bed, and not quite as good as a dedicated sofa. It's like buying an amphibious automobile - not a great car, not a great boat.

What you are doing here is saying, "We don't need a boat, but for only $500 more than the Camry, we can get an Amphicar!"

You'll be better off with the Camry.

Asper Guest

These are exactly the responses I needed, Thanks! I will stick with the traditional sofa. I think Duane's post in that thread answers all my other questions too.