Thread: H&M or BY for heavy people?

Default H&M or BY for heavy people?

Hello,

We are looking at a H&M Journal sofa #1828 in Tuscany Harness, priced at $2795.00 and a Bradington Young Barcelo Sofa #411-95 priced at $1699.00, both at local furniture stores in South Carolina. We will use the sofa every day.

My weight is about 400lbs and therefore I am concerned with both comfort and durability under my weight.

I sat on each for about five minutes in the store, and my initial impression is to purchase the H&M which seemed more supportive, but as I do not really know how each is constructed I need your input.

Also, can the firmness of cushions be custom ordered?

What are your recommendations? Is there another manufacturer or model I should be considering? Thanks for any advice you can give me!!

One more question...the leather on the H&M is Tuscany Harness. It is very shinny and smooth, so I assumed it has a protection of some kind on it, yet when I looked the leather color up on the H&M web site it says "unprotected". This leads me to believe that I do not understand what is meant by the term "protected" in relation to leather...can you help me??
    DOCHANDLER
    Last edited by dchandler; 03-24-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: add question