Hi Newbie,

I moved your post to its own topic line in the The Lobby....

If you have had good luck with La-Z-Boy and are happy with the performance and price, I see no reason to move into another make. There are 'horror' stories for every make and model of everything that is man-made on the internet, from cars to shoes to furniture and TV Dinners. I think personal experience with a product that you have had trumps the opinions of strangers. La-Z-Boy is not even close to top-of-the-line but it doesn't carry a premium product price tag, either. The budget comes into play and what you are comfortable spending. If you said "I want the best American-made leather upholstery pieces money can buy and cost is not an object" then we're going to be looking at Hancock and Moore, Councill and maybe even Karges (the latter is money TRULY is not an object). Not knowing your budget is hard to say 'move up to ....This!

Anything that has moving parts can and will break, that's true no matter who produces it. Most recliner mechanisms are made by Leggett and Platt, so that's what you will find in most furniture out there. Whether the dual recliner sofa costs $ 1,500 or $ 6,500, it most likely has an L&P mechanism. I'd go back to the La-Z-Boy store and start your search there as you are comfortable with the brand - see what you think about their current offerings. Good luck.