Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where in the country can I go to see and sit on the most BY and HM leather sofas?

Default Re: Where in the country can I go to see and sit on the most BY and HM leather sofas?

Easy.... you go to the High Point Market (north Carolina) during showroom week, which was - last week! Next one won't be until October. You need a dealer to get you a pass to get in, however, as this is a trade show. But now you can see 300 H&M pieces and 200 B-Y ones about three blocks from one another if you go.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Where in the country can I go to see and sit on the most BY and HM leather sofas?

When is a good time to schedule a factory tour with Hancock and Moore?

The spring furniture market is April 18-23 this year and I know HM will be making up samples for their showroom. I would imagine this would a great time to see a good variety of products at one time. Do they keep these show room samples at the factory prior to the spring furniture market? Would trying to schedule a visit late March be too hectic of a time to get a factory tour? I would love visiting the market but understand it is open only to the trade.

Or is it simply better to try to schedule a tour when a specific item that I am interested in (bohemian chair 5696-1) is being produced?

Thanks.

Market is probably the worst time, its madness around there. Generally any Monday through Thursday for tours (there is no production work on Fridays).

I was thinking that perhaps I could set up a group tour for forum members with a max of say 20 people. My thoughts are at the end of Market, when its calmer. Thursday April 24th would be the day and we would start the morning at 8 a.m. at Hancock & Moore's in Hickory NC at the main plant for a tour by the incomparable Jimmy Moore, and depart there by 11:30 a.m. or so, and head on down to the High Point showroom 1:45 min away. Grab lunch there in the showroom (they have a lunchroom on site) and then spend the rest of the afternoon looking at the new styles from H&M, Councill and Jessica Charles, and then out of there by 5 p.m. Everyone would be responsible for their own transportation, etc. and there would have to be an understanding that in the Market showroom at High Point, there is no one to wait on you except for me. Its a trade showroom, and the reps are selling to dealers, not retail customers so everyone would have to understand that its not a retail environment. And again, I would have to run this by the management of H&M and see if they would go for it. Charlotte NC would be the airport for fly-ins....if that has any appeal, put a reply post in here and I'll see if there is enough interest.
    Duane Collie

I am interested in participating/attending. Please keep me posted on the details. I hope you find enough interest. The plan sounds like a lot of fun. Spring sounds like a great time to visit that part of the country.

Thanks.

Count me and the wife in! We would certainly like to attend such a trip.

Hi Duane, I want to follow-up on this topic to see if you received enough interest from forum member's for a tour at the end of Market in April? I’m still interested and would love to be able to visit HM’s Hickory plant as well as the High Point showroom!

I'm interested in acquiring a couple of HM living room chairs and find the selection locally limiting.

Thanks.

Not enough interest at this point it appears to organize this and set it all up. Just the responses you see here in the forum so far and that's just (2). I can always set you up with an individual tour if you like.
    Duane Collie