Thread: Omnia leather or Michael Phillips

havaneseday Guest

Default Omnia leather or Michael Phillips

Anyone with experience in either of these brands? Met an interior designer at a furn store who showed me this fabulous leather by Michael Phillips. She said the furniture came with a lifetime guarantee. I can't find anything on the internet about it. I like the look of the Omnia Fairmont reclining sofa. Is it decent quality?

Default Re: Omnia leather or Michael Phillips

St. Louis Business Journal

Phillips Family Sells Phillips Furniture Stores

Family owned and operated Phillips Furniture in Kirkwood and its seven licensed Ashley Furniture HomeStores have been sold to a Memphis-based furniture company.
    The sale, to new owner Dufresne Spencer Group, closed Wednesday for an undisclosed amount, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
    Phillips was ranked this summer among the top 100 furniture retailers nationwide, according to industry publication Furniture Today. Dufresne Spencer Group is No. 59 on Furniture Today's Top 100.
    According to figures provided by Phillips, the company had grown more than 520 percent in the past decade, generating $61.7 million in sales last year, up from $9.8 million in 2002.
    The business was started in 1937 in downtown St. Louis and now was run by Stephen Phillips; his son, Michael Phillips; and Stephen's brother, Matthias Phillips. All are either retiring or moving on to other endeavors, Dufresne Spencer Group spokeswoman Jolene Bergen told the Post-Dispatch.
    According to Phillips Furniture Inc., the company has 350 employees at its eight stores, warehouse and administrative offices. Those workers are expected to keep their jobs, the Post-Dispatch reports.

With regard to Omnia, I found this dated thread...

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...mnia-Furniture
    Last edited by wisejd; 04-17-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Additional Information