Thread: Help us in our sectional decision please !

Tojewojo Guest

Default Help us in our sectional decision please !

Hi all! Sorry that I have completely stalked you all for the last week as we have been shopping. We just moved to biloxi, ms and we are in a home and situation where we can get new living room furniture. We have exhausted all Of our local options and my husband isnt willing to drive to test out more sofas, nor sacrifice more time. We have 4 small children on top of that, so it's a battle. So we have seen the cheapest of cheap and seen the super expensive. Long story semi-short, we've found that we can spend $3000 out the door , and found 2 sectionals that we like, but especially love one by fairmont. Has anyone seen or heard of this brand and know about the quality? The salesman said its a step above England , which was one we liked, and several steps above ashley.
    Any thoughts?

Default Re: Help us in our sectional decision please !

Ashley is junk. I don't often say that about a maker, but that line is...Fairmont I'm not familiar with, sorry. $ 3K for a leather sectional out the door means compromises somewhere - I can guarantee you that. It may be in the cover, or the suspension, or the frame, but quality pieces are double (and even triple) that price so they have go cut out something. Read through the forum for tips on what to look for and use your eyes to buy - not the pitch of the salesman who likely really doesn't know. 'Bonded' leather is garbage, stay away from that as a cover. Check the frame flex by lifting up one end of the sectional and see how far it lifts off the ground (twist). If more than 2" it has a weak frame. Push on the arms outwards. They should be solid with no more than 1/2" lateral movement....etc, etc. Good luck
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.