Hello

I am so terribly disappointed. I've spent quite a bit of time shopping for a table for my breakfast room. I finally found a table that meets all my needs at Restoration Hardware. So I ordered it yesterday.

Here's the table:

Here's the link:

http://http://www.restorationhardwar...082&navCount=0

Well, I decided to browse the GardenWeb site (which led me here) and after reading a thread entitled Furniture 101:Q&A in the furniture forum, I decided to google "quality+Restoration Hardware+furniture" and learned that RH had moved their furniture manufacturing operation to China last year.

The descriptive text for the table reads as follows:

Trestle Salvaged Wood Dining Table
$3290
Handcrafted of substantial 2-1/2"-thick reclaimed timbers from a distillery in Great Britain
Rough-hewn, solid planks are carefully hand selected, planed and sanded smooth
Handsomely distressed and grandly sized to accommodate large gatherings
One-of-a-kind tabletop is unfinished and has the patina of reclaimed wood
Bearing the hallmarks of old wood, some nicks and imperfections are to be expected, including nail marks that reveal the table's provenance
Seats 12 with the 18" breadboard extensions, 8 without
Each piece is one-of-a-kind and quantities are limited
Dimensions: 108"L x 42-1/4"W x 30"H; two 18" leaves; extends to 144"L

I assumed the table was made in Great Britain. Erhm...WRONG. Made in China.

I was told by the RH Customer Service representative that the timber was shipped from Scotland to China for manufacturing.

This kind of kills my romantic vision of this table. I'm seriously considering cancelling my order. I've never purchased a piece of furniture manufactured in Asia. Will the craftmanship likely be poor? I was expecting an artisan made piece for that price. I know Restoration Hardware is not a top tier furniture company, but it was my understanding that their furniture was manufactured domestically. I suppose that has changed. So sad.

Do you all think it's wise to cancel my order and look elsewhere? Any ideas where I can source a table with some of the same features and the same look: unfinished reclaimed timber, elegant trestle base?

Thank you!