Thread: BY swivel glider recliner question

SorenK Guest

Default BY swivel glider recliner question

My wife and I really liked the BY recliner we sat in recently - the Bancroft 3001. I need a larger chair and while she's smaller in frame, she liked it too. However, the room we're furnishing has some challenges that only seem to be solved by shifting from a stationary recliner to a swivel model. There is a Bancroft 7301-SG that seems to fit the bill.

I can't seem to find any dealer who has this SG model on the floor and I'm really nervous to buy two chairs not having sat in that specific model. I did sit in a BY 7025 SG and found that model seemed to want to tilt back when you sat in it, raising the front of the chair so my wife's feet no longer touched the floor. Would that be typical of all BY swivel gliders or just this one? Can it be adjusted to not do that?

We really liked the fit of the stationary recliner but that darn need to swivel is pretty important to make full use of the room's dimensions. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: BY swivel glider recliner question

There is no adjustment to a swivel glider to limit the to and from movement of the piece, sorry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SorenK Guest

Default Re: BY swivel glider recliner question

I stumbled across a few more BY recliners this week. One was a swivel glider and found that the back and forth motion (a glide) wasn't bad and it did not want to dump me back with my feet up in the air. I guess the first one I sat in may have either not been a SG or might have been damaged. Good. Then I saw a BY chair that was a swivel recliner, without the glide. Wonder why that's not an option on all the SG models? Maybe the mechanism box is a different dimension and doesn't just drop right in. Don't know.

But... having at least learned that a glider should move back and forth fairly level, and not behave such that your body weight dumps your fanny low and your feet up in the air I can live with the glider. Duane, I'll send a PM to see about getting a quote. Thank you.