Thread: Stickley recliner

commafactory Guest

Default Stickley recliner

What do you think of the Stickley bow arm bustleback leather recliner?

We want a mission style recliner and we've read terrible things about Barcalounder (which has a mission knockoff). Of course the Stickley is 4 times more expensive ($2200 on promotion right now). Is it worth that?

Is the Stickley recliner the same quality as Hancock and Moore. Any other mission recliners we should consider?

thanks

Is this the chair you are referring to? http://www.stickley.com/OurProducts_...omplex&finish= and is this the barcalounger version http://www.barcalounger.com/products....php#Craftsman

I found one from Bradington Young you might like http://www.bradingtonyoung.com/detai...R&pid=42900000

From what I hear barcalounger is sort of like LaZboy which is a brand living off their past quality/name. I know when I was shopping the store that carries Barca locally wouldn't even bother showing me, and they are sold at Sams Club at times.

Not sure what H&M or Jessica Charles may have but I bet others can help you.

commafactory Guest

Default stickley recliner

Yes, that is the stickley i'm looking at and yes, that is the barcalounger.

i saw a barcalounger at a homegoods store once for $699, red leather mission. it was nice to look at, but i've read so many bad things about them, i didn't buy it.

does the braddington and young compare in quality to the stickley? do you know about how much they run?

than ks!

Actually I can't say much about BY quality since there is no dealer within a hour or less drive but others on this forum have said good things about BY and their quality.

commafactory Guest

Default stickley quality?

anyone have any opinions on the stickley recliners? are they worth the big bucks?
    thanks

samuelsfurn Guest

As a Stickley dealer, I am willing to vouch for the high quality of Stickley furniture. They manufacture in the most traditional of ways. As for the price, that is pretty much normal for a Stickley recliner. To add my personal opinion, having sat in alot of recliners, I can undoubtedly say that the Stickley recliners, across the board, are the most comfortable I've sat in.

I will also speak to Bradington-Young's quality as well. These are high quality pieces of furniture. They have your kiln-dried hardwood frame, 8-way hand tied spring construction, double doweled, blocked, glued and screwed corners and joints, etc. Bradington-Young recliners are very popular in my area. In addition, it should be noted that Bradington-Young's Seven Seas seating is not the same as standard Bradington-Young. Some of the Seven Seas seating is not 8-way hand tie standard, make sure you ask if this is important to you.
    Last edited by samuelsfurn; 03-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Default Re: stickley recliner

I know I'm commenting on an old thread, but. We recently sat on the Stickley Bow Arm Bustleback recliner. Might have purchased them. But, elderly, wife is small (4-10), and she couldn't push it back, or get it down without assistance. Her legs were too short to push it back. We got the one next to it, the Bow Arm Morris Chair with ottoman. The chair is decidedly more striking looking than the ottoman. Very comfortable. Of course, you can't beat a pure recliner for overall comfort.

Default Re: stickley recliner

I always recommend a power unit addition to recliners for ladies small in stature, and for all users of wall-huggers, they make using them so much nicer. You many want to check with Stickley to see if that is available on that model.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.