Thread: Hancock and Moore Recliner

rjkno Guest

Default Hancock and Moore Recliner

i have a hancock and moore recliner that has server me well. The leather is in good shape, but the recliner mechanism is shot. I called the manufacturer and the said the model number is in the cushions, but I searched all of the cushions and cannot find it. I would like to get it repaired, but they need the model number to supply the replacement mechanism. Any ideas on how to get this fixed? Thanks.

Default Re: hacock and moore recliner

You *may* have the model number written on the side of the internal core inside the cushion, typically in black Sharpie, about half the pieces do - the other half don't. Unzip the leather cover and look inside on the core itself, its not on the outside of the casing if you have it. Option 2 - take a photo or two of your recliner and post it here. I might can identify the model if you do. Has to be a good photo, in focus and with decent lighting!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rjkno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You *may* have the model number written on the side of the internal core inside the cushion, typically in black Sharpie, about half the pieces do - the other half don't. Unzip the leather cover and look inside on the core itself, its not on the outside of the casing if you have it. Option 2 - take a photo or two of your recliner and post it here. I might can identify the model if you do. Has to be a good photo, in focus and with decent lighting!
    I have some pictures that I will send as an attachment. Please let me know if you need any others taken and I can provide them. I appreciate all of your assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	178.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	6251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	6252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0255.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	6253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	182.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	6254  

You have a 1003 Sterling Bustle Back Recliner. If they tell you that you have to go through a dealer to order, give me a call at 703-360-6399 and I will be glad to order these for you. Price is $ 200 and that includes shipping 48 state. Also, you look like you could use a new cushion core set in the chair, they are free of charge if you are the original owner of the piece. A new mechanism, seat and back cores and a dab of touch-up on the right leg and you'll be ready for the next 20 years.
    Duane Collie

rjkno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You have a 1003 Sterling Bustle Back Recliner. If they tell you that you have to go through a dealer to order, give me a call at 703-360-6399 and I will be glad to order these for you. Price is $ 200 and that includes shipping 48 state. Also, you look like you could use a new cushion core set in the chair, they are free of charge if you are the original owner of the piece. A new mechanism, seat and back cores and a dab of touch-up on the right leg and you'll be ready for the next 20 years.
    I should have no problem getting the piece as the store that sold it to us went out of business. I had spoken to the Hancock and Moore people, just did not have the model number. The next question is who can repair the chair once I get the part? Also do I mention the cushion core when I call to order the other part? Thanks again.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Recliner

As to putting the mechanism in, you can do it yourself if you are handy with tools and don't mind a couple hours of frustration and scraped-up arms. Otherwise, any upholstery shop can do it for you with appx a 1 hour labor charge. Yes, ask Melissa for new internal cores as well.
    Duane Collie