Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $$$ H&M Gotta Get It Right

Default Re: $$$ H&M Gotta Get It Right

They are buying into the Alberta leather program on that recliner. For some reason I had thought it was a GR 2 leather. The Alberta program is not one I have inventoried, mainly because its the cheapest of the cheap Chinese leathers and quite honestly I don't care for the hide. $ 1,300 per chair is a fair price in that program, if you like the leather no reason not to move forward with it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

theoad Guest

I spoke with the sales rep today and she assured me that it is indeed a H&M Addison recliner, not a Randall Allan--I had her e-mail me the bill of sale. It says Cover:Rider Tobacco,Addison Recliner-is that the cheap leather? She,herself the day before, told me that it was GR 2 leather. When we discussed possibly customizing the chair instead of buying the floor model,she quoted the price to add power to the recliner as long as I STAYED in the GR 2 category. I found out today that it is a promotional leather (whatever that means) It is not on the H$M website.Delivery is set for Monday. I hope I'm making a good decision.
    Last edited by theoad; 08-28-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Ryder is a pre-cut, married promotional hide that is not swatched or available on the main line H&M products. Its one the sales reps carry with them on their calls to the stores and dealers order a quantity of the chairs if they like while the Sales Rep from H&M is there in the store with them. It is not a GR 2 hide.

I don't order these myself, mainly because I don't like the leather very much (its very highly processed) and its hard to sell something when you're not enthusiastic about it. But the price is fair and if you like the hide personally, there is no reason not to go with it. Enjoy your new recliner!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

theoad Guest

Thank you very much for your help and expertise-it is very much appreciated!