My husband and I are furniture shopping for two rooms...our living room, where we plan to purchase three reclining sofas, and for our family room, where we would like to have reclining space for six. Currently we're focusing on the living room.

Before we purchase anything, we do a LOT of research (we started our furniture process last year, which is when I first came across this forum.)

• I don't like leather because it's too cold...I HATE to be cold.

• We have four children, ranging in age from 14 down to 9.

Last year, I read here about Flexsteel...I'd never heard of them before, but most of what I've read about them, both here and on other websites, has been positive. I am steering clear of the Latitudes line, as it is made in China. There is a Flexsteel dealer in our town, and we've been pleased with what we've seen. We've pretty much settled on the Chicago sofa, and are choosing our fabric. I didn't see any that I particularly liked in anything other than 100% polyester. There was at least one that said "100% polyester microfiber," and others that look and feel very similar that simply say "100% polyester;" all of them indicate Wearability HHH and Cleanability code W. The salesperson said that all of them are microfiber...? Would they last on a reclining sofa?

We've learned that we can't always trust the salespeople in the stores to know what they're talking about (one told us last night that Ashley furniture would last us as long as Flexsteel...I almost laughed out loud!) One didn't know that the Flexsteel warranty was different for their Latitudes line than for their standard line....the list goes on and on (which is why we do research!)

Any insight will be gratefully received!