Thread: Hancock & Moore Price and Program Changes

Default Hancock & Moore Price and Program Changes

Hancock & Moore, as well as Jessica Charles (sister company) always do their price revisions end of June every year, just like clockwork. This is when they take price increases and revise the Town and Country program as well, with adds and drops in the latter. They also take the first week of July off on vacation and are closed, so they time the price increase to arrive during their vacation so we dealers can't call to raise a ruckus about it! (we don't like it any more than you do). Now, I don't have a crystal ball and can't say if there is going to be a general price increase. There may or may not be, and I can't get it out of anyone ahead of time. Some years its the whole line, across the board as a percentage and some years I see just 1/3 the line go up. For certain there will be items going in and out of the Town and Country program and likely price increases there.

Just knowing what I do about the leather industry, I think 2014 will have increases as there is a Beef shortage worldwide. Less Cattle means less product for the consumers and that in turn usually means higher prices both at the supermarket and leather furniture makers. But I am just speculating and have no evidence other then what I read in the trade journals.

If you are considering a H&M purchase - you may want to complete it before end of June. I'm pretty sure prices won't go down - they never go down...lol. Good news is once we get past this pricing event that will go into effect early July, they will leave them alone until January 2015.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Price and Program Changes

I have been getting lots of calls and emails as to when the Hancock and Moore Price and Program changes will take effect. So, I called them today and they have been mailed out already, the effective date is going to be JULY 17th. That gives plenty of time to those still making final selection choices, no need to rush. Once I do get the prices, I'll look at the changes and advise here as well.

H&M will be closed starting 5 p.m. today and gone all next week for summer vacation (applies to Jessica Charles as well). No samples or leather availability, or custom quotes can be done until they return on July7th.
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Price and Program Changes

Only today and tomorrow on current Hancock & Moore pricing! New prices (increases) go into effect on Thursday the 17th.

The new Town and Country Program arrived today and it will go into effect on Thursday July 24th. Its been HUGELY expanded, with many new items added - ya'll are going to LOVE the new program. I will have to scan the new catalog to show the frames as time permits. As to current T&C pricing on items that will be carried forward, something like the 9840 City Sofa in Married Cover will increase at my store by $ 45, which isn't too bad.
    Duane Collie