Thread: Anyone familiar with IMG Comfort of Norway ?

The Owl Guest

Default Anyone familiar with IMG Comfort of Norway ?

Thanks to the wonderful gentleman who guides this forum and to all of you who offer experience and advise. I am new to this site and am overwhelmed by the amount of information offered.

I have purchased leather furniture for many years and have been fortunate to have made good choices although I had little knowledge as to what I was buying. I purchased during years when quality was better and prices were easier on the wallet.

I am in the market for motion furniture and am unsure as to sectional, sofa/loveseat combination or stationary sofa with recliners. My husband and I are much too used to motorized recliners to give that up at this point. We purchased IMG comfort of Norway several years ago and have been pleased with the quality and service to this point. We were unfamiliar with the company but did not ask questions about the construction as the chairs looked good and were very comfortable.

We are now in the market for new furniture for a condo we just purchased and had considered some pieces from the same company. I came to this site for suggestions on other possible lines and to read reviews of various companies. Boy has this been an EDUCATION !!!! I had no idea how much I DON'T know !

I had owned Bradington Young in the past and was quite pleased with that line. We sold that home furnished and lost those chairs. I owned Classic Leather sofa, chair and ottoman for many years and it moved on to a second and third home and may still be in use. I owned a Henredon Leather sectional and at 20 years old is still serving my son well. Those were all great choices and I don't wish to make a bad choice now.

Does anyone know IMG and the quality and longevity of the furniture. Although I like what I have I don't want to invest more and find it will not give me the life of my former pieces. Since motion is important I know I have limited my choices. I had looked at Omnia since it is a US company but reading here does not make me comfortable with that choice. Neither of these lines were inexpensive so I want to feel good about the choice I make. I found a few mentions on this site of Omnia but none on IMG.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with my choices. Like many on this site I believe in being an informed consumer.

Default Re: Anyone familiar with IMG Comfort of Norway ?

Sorry, I am not familiar with IMG....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The Owl Guest

Default Re: Anyone familiar with IMG Comfort of Norway ?

Thanks for all the information you offer on this web site. I have located a Motioncraft sectional on the floor in a furniture store locally but do not know the quality of this brand. Since it is on the floor it comes at a significant discount but that does no good unless the quality is there. These discussions and your knowledgeable advice have made me VERY afraid of anything made in China so I abandoned the IMG route, in spite of the fact that we have owned 2 recliners for 3 years without any negative issues. My other choice was Omnia which I have also owned but your judgement of this line has also scared me away. The Bradington Young motion sectional is quite large and this will go in a condo setting. If Motioncraft will not work then I will be forced to abandon motion for stationary seating. I know that is your preference but after almost 8 years of motorized reclining it would be difficult to give that up. Thanks again for your help and honesty. Look forward to your evaluation of Motioncraft.