Thread: Are there any decent leather reclining sofas for around $2,500?

Boomer Guest

Default Are there any decent leather reclining sofas for around $2,500?

We are looking to buy a leather reclining sofa and would like to keep the price in the $2,500 range. My question is, does one exist? We have been looking and we have seen Flexsteel, La Z Boy, Southern Motion and Best. The Flexsteel, La Z Boy, Southern Motion all have pretty bad reviews online. I can't really find anything, good or bad, about Best. Hancock and Moore is out of our price range. We like a Bradington Young sofa recliner we see online(Reid, 912-90), but there aren't any local dealers that carry that sofa, so we can't see and test how it feels. I would like to have a sofa that is truly made in the USA, preferably with USA material. I don't want leather sourced from China. It seems like all of the good sofa companies aren't what they use to be. Any input would be appreciated.

Default Re: Are there any decent leather reclining sofas for around $2,500?

I would say that unfortunately, there is no decent leather reclining sofa in the $2500 range. You will find that you could find a leather sofa (eg. Classic Leather), depending on where you live, that is decent and close to $2500, though. Once you add a feature, like motion, the price goes up way up. You may have to consider what you will accept in the short term based upon your budget. I for one can tell you that its hard to do that, once you have been thoroughly educated on the quality AND price of the better brands. I waited over 3 years to save more money to get the best quality. I decided I would rather do that than pay for something that will wear out in a few years.

Also, the Bradington Young Reid 912 is going to set you back about $5,000 (if I recall correctly), even in a Married Cover (special program price) leather.

Boomer Guest

$5,000 is a bit too high right now. I thought that the BY Reid 912-90 in grade 2 leather would be closer to $3,000, but I'm probably wrong. Are there any $2,500 leather sofa recliners that will last 10 years without falling apart? We need a new couch and I just want to see if leather is out of the question.

The 912-90 Bradington Young in their promotional leather (which is actually a pretty decent semi-aniline) is priced at my store at $ 2,609 plus delivery fees depending on where you live. Leathers other than the promo hide will increase the price and I am expecting the new promotional price increases to arrive shortly as well, so that price will hold only until that new pricing goes into effect.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Boomer, I misspoke...as you can see. I was referring to the B-Y 912 Sectional Recliner (my wife and I are looking for a sectional as well). Sorry about that!

See, Duane knows best!

josephm Guest

Genuine top grade leather sofas are going to be a little expensive. You can’t blame though, as leather is an expensive material. Reclining leather sofas will be a little more expensive with all those mechanisms in it. If you find any place where leather sofas are available at a price that is too good to be true, double check the quality of the leather. There are shops were low quality bonded and bi-cast leather sofas are sold as genuine leather sofas. But you can definitely find good quality sofas for decent price like the one Duane mentioned above, if you search enough.
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-22-2014 at 10:13 AM.